Chapter 38 part 2

“Wait a minute Amaryllis, didn’t you hear me?” She repeated as she stepped in front of me.

Oh for God’s sake!…

“What is it?” I asked barely able to keep the hiss from my voice.

“What’s wrong dear sister?” Lillian asked sweetly “I only wanted to
congratulate you on today’s joyous occasion”. I rolled my eyes, was she still going to continue with her pretense?

“Thank you Lillian but I have to leave now, I wouldn’t want to keep the
priestess waiting after all I have a ceremony to get to.” Her expression
changed and she tightly clenched her handkerchief, it looked like she still wasn’t over the fact that I was the first one to have a promise ceremony.  Her smile quickly returned however and she stepped out of the way “Of course sister, I’ll return to my seat now” “thank you” I said surprised. That was it?, she wasn’t going to make snide remarks or try to delay me? Well I guess even Lillian isn’t stupid enough to try anything where everyone could see her, she was only a master deceiver after all.

As soon as there was a clear path, I scooped Naerys into my arms and rose to the sky. “How was it?’ I asked as we glided together “it was lovely Amar, Father and Wes were the first ones to arrive, so I didn’t get a chance to talk to anyone else”.

Good

“Hold on” I warned as I neared my
room, I’d left the windows open for this very purpose. Naerys and I easily flew through the large windows and into my bedroom where Alice was waiting for us.

“How did you..?”

“A maid never reveals her secrets your highness”

I laughed as she handed Naerys off to another servant and closed the door “Now, we have to hurry princess, you shouldn’t be late”

I nodded and undressed as Alice brought out my ceremonial outfit, after a few minutes I was directed to the vanity where Alice proceeded to style my hair and touch up my make-up. The final touch was placing on my crown.

“You look gorgeous, your highness” Alice said with a teary voice. “Thank you Alice” I hugged her and made my way to the stairs where Naerys was ready and waiting for me. By the time we made it back to the garden, my heart was beating at an irregular pace, this was after all the first time I would make such a strong commitment in both my lives. I could feel Naerys trembling a little so I squeezed his hands to reassure him, I didn’t dare speak out of nervousness. As Naerys and I walked towards the priestess, I blocked out everything and focused only on the feel of his hands in mine and the smiling faces of our parents who were eagerly waiting for us.

When we finally reached the priestess, Naerys and I let go and faced each other. We were standing in the middle of a magic circle filled with carvings and symbols. The priestess’s voice boomed as she started the ceremony

“I stand here today to officiate the union between Princess Amaryllis Sylvester of the vampire kingdom and Prince Naerys Elway of the mermaid kingdom”

“Do you Princess Amaryllis swear to always love and adore Prince Naerys for as long as he remains in your harem?”

“I do” I responded firmly.

“Do you Princess Amaryllis swear to always treat him fairly no matter how many males you add to your harem?”

“I do”

“And finally, do you Princess Amaryllis take Prince Naerys as your first harem member?”

“I do”

After my answer, the magic circle
flashed once.

The priestess turned to Naerys getting ready to ask his only question, “Hold on” I interrupted before dropping to a knee and taking Naerys’ hand in mine. I could very clearly hear the soft gasp that echoed through the garden.