Chapter 25

Naerys slowly touched a hand to his lips, stunned. He had just lost his first kiss and to amaryllis at that!. He was beyond shocked. Didn't she hate him after listening his story? To think she would even kiss him.

But as he blushed beneath amaryllis's adoring stare, he knew the answer to his own question. Amaryllis certainly didn't hate him. What she felt for him was definitely not love, but it wasn't hate either.

He risked a quick glance at her and caught her licking her lips. He blushed even harder and ducked his head, hiding his face behind his hair. Amaryllis laughed a bit as Naerys's hair fell over his face. She reached out and tipped his head upwards.

She leaned close enough to see the silver flecks in his eyes and kissed him again. He let out a sigh of pleasure as she pulled back and she smiled. He was adorable.

" Naerys " she started seriously " are you really okay?. After everything you've gone through, I... I don't even know what to say.

I just want you to know that I'll always be right by your side. And you won't have to bear anything much longer." Naerys watched as amaryllis gently dropped his hands and knelt before him. " Amar!, What are you-". Amaryllis laughed a bit and patted Naerys' knee as a way to calm him down. She ruffled through her pocket and brought out a familiar velvet box.

Naerys stared at it in confusion. This was she box she had collected from prince Tyrion just this morning, did she have something to show him?. He became excited at that thought and manager to ignore the sight of amaryllis on her knees before him.

Amaryllis slowly opened the box and Naerys got even more confused. She could see he didn't understand, so amaryllis grabbed the ring and looked up at him " Naerys, I know it's a little late but... I hope you like it". I slipped the ring into his finger and watched as the realization dawned on him.

Naerys's first reaction was to throw himself into amaryllis, the force was enough to tip her over and now she was lying on the grass with Naerys on top of her. He threw his arms around her neck and small silent tears rolled down his cheeks. He hadn't ever thought he'd receive a promise jewel in his life and now..... he lifted the his right hand and the light rays bounced across the gleaming surface.

" It's beautiful" Naerys said " thank you amaryllis". I smiled and wrapped my arms around him holding him close as he cried. When Naerys stopped, he pulled back and blushed when he realized the position he had unwittingly put them in. Her hair was splayed against the vibrant grass, her face was flushed with rosy cheeks and shining eyes.

Seeing her like that.... It stirred some emotions he had never felt before. He blushed and quickly scuttled back. Amaryllis rose after him and smiled " we've been here for a while, how about some lunch and I'll drop you off?".

Naerys nodded and we both stood up. I sighed as I stared at the grass clippings all over my dress. All Alice's hard work was gone now, she was going to be unhappy. I grabbed our bags and held Naerys's hand as we left the garden.

We headed to where I knew my carriage would be waiting. As predicted, Alice was furious about the dress but I appeased her by paying for her food at the restaurant  Naerys and I had lunch at.

I waved as Naerys slipped into the water and swam away. One of these days I would have to ask to see his tail. As I closed the doors, my smile slipped from my face, what was I going to do about this?.

There was no way I could let Naerys stay at home now that I knew what he was going through. But what could I do?, I couldn't very well go over to his home and demand to see his mother.

No, the most logical thing to do was to get Naerys away from her and preferably to my castle.  I wonder... Would it be possible for me to insist I need Naerys for the ceremony preparations?, If I do I'll be able to make him stay, but ....it's not proper for a male to stay with a female unless he's apart of a harem. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't care about that but Naerys, he really can't get any more discriminated against.