*Chapter 9*

"Oh right, mother" I said turning to face her again " I've not seen father for two years, if it's alright may I be allowed to visit him?"

At the mention of my father, the expression on her face dimmed a lot " your father" she sighed " has refused to see me ever since he learnt about the vow I made about not seeing you until you changed, I myself have only gotten a few glimpses of him these past two years".

"He always rejects me from coming into his chamber after he kneeled for 4 days straight begging me to forgive you but even after that I didn't take back my vow " she said with tears slipping down her cheeks " and since then I haven't even seen a hair of his,  I imagine he still hasn't forgiven me." She ended sobbing. This was some new information,

so the previous owner's father loved her enough to kneel for so long and  reject the queen but if that the case why didn't he make any attempt to visit her?, surely if he loved her that much he still would have went against the queen's order and visited her.

I was certainly more curious about him now and wanted to know more  " don't worry mother" I said standing up to console her " I'm sure if we visit him together, we will be able to convince him to put the past behind him  and start again anew as one big happy family" I said hardly  noticing the tears running down my face.

I didn't know what it was, maybe it was my desire for a happy family  or amaryllis's secret wish that her family reconciles, but a tingling warmth filled my chest and I smiled, despite the tears. And so we stood together for a while before the scratching of a chair against the ground interrupted us. " Forgive me mother, but I'll return now as it seems you are quite busy ."

I didn't miss the undertones of anger in her voice as she turned and walked away.  Lillian stopped at the end of the stairs and tried to suppress her emotions " Why?, Why must it always be about her?" she said with her hands trembling.

"Even after joining their family mother still loves that trash the most, why?, Why can't she just forget about her?!!" She ended with  an expression of rage on her face " I have to do something, if not mother will her stolen away by that trash female" she decided before stepping out of the castle.

Meanwhile, back on the balcony....
" Mother that's enough, let's go and see him now" I said pulling away from her. She dabbed her eyes with her napkin and smiled at me " ok dear" . She stood up and led me down the stairs, to the floor located below it.

We walked past several doors most of which were empty as my mother only had three consorts which was quite a surprise to me.

We turned into another hallway and stopped at the first door there, my mother stilled and didn't look like she was going to knock so I did.

I walked in front of her and lifted my hand to knock, my heart pounding excitedly. Knock, knock, knock. After a series of knocks, the door opened and a  voice floated out " your majesty, I'm sorry my master is not able to see you today".

Does she come here often enough to be recognized without so much as a glance in her direction?, She hadn't even said anything before she was refused.

I blocked the door with my hand  before the man had a chance to close it. His eyes flicked to me and they opened wide in surprise, before I had a chance to say anything the door swung open and the man rushed out.

He was slightly tall with black hair and red eyes, and was practically oozing excitement, "my lady, it's been so long, how are you?" He said with tears gathering in his eyes " never mind that, my master would be happy to see you" he ended gently pushing me into the room.

I turned towards my mother and she smiled at me before stepping in herself. The room was furnished expensively with a king sized bed with lace curtains in the middle. Plush armchairs were lined  at the foot of the bed, opposite those at the far corner of the room stood huge cupboards made of high grade mahogany. Beside those was a vanity with half open boxes of jewellery sparkling so bright, I could see their shine from where I stood. A small exquisite hand mirror laid beside the jewels, the rays of the sun coming through the large windows glinting off its surface.