Chapter 1

I let out a breath as I stared at the ceiling of my luxurious office situated at the 30th floor of the renowned sky corporations.

The ringtone of my cellphone broke me out of my reverie and I looked down at the caller ID. I picked it up and answered the call "Miss Qin, he's having lunch with her at the Rose Island, a newly opened English restaurant."

The words of the private investigator cracked a small piece of my heart. "Thank you Mr Russo." I replied "No problem miss", he said and I ended the call.

        I sighed as I grabbed my car keys and left my office."Anne, clear my schedule for the rest of today." I said to my personal assistant "will do, miss", she  replied and I nodded at her before getting into my personal elevator.

        Once in, I thought about the current situation of my life. I was born and raised in a very prestigious Japanese family .When I was born, my father made the decision to make me his successor and began raising me in accordance, his business partners at the time had expressed their doubts in his decision but he remained firm and so I underwent strict training to take over the family business. My mum and dad showered me with love and were there with me every step of the way.

         3 years ago, I replaced my father as the CEO of the company and I had brought the company to new heights and brought it outstanding success. Everything was going well until my parents noticed I didn't have any man in my life and began worrying that I was taking my work too seriously and was neglecting my love life. I had tried to convince them that I didn't want a man, but they refused to listen to me and that was when the blind dates began.

           Most men were too  intimidated to approach me because of my family background and I couldn't blame them. My father, Jack Qin came from a long line of influential business men who were involved in construction and they had roots in both Japan and the States, declining his father's suggestions for him to take over the company,  he chose to return to his maternal country, Japan and started a business company from scratch at 21 now at 49 he had built a business empire with multiple branches across Russia, China and Australia.

    My mother, an international fashion designer who found outstanding success in the Japanese market and had already  started breaking into the international market and once was again met with outstanding success.

         I myself had some pretty remarkable achievements . At 19, I had graduated top of my class from Harvard university in the business and finance course after that I spent a year observing my dad's company and at 20, I had officially replaced him as the  CEO while he retired and was now a primary shareholder of the company who I discussed every action with before I executed it.

      I had brought the company to new heights and sky corporations was now known internationally , we also controlled the stock market in Japan. There were very few men that could match me and Jake Russel, my fiancé was one of them.

   I was snapped out of my musings by the ding that alerted me that I had reached my destination: the underground garage. I got into my car and turned the GPS to rose Island and my mind wandered of to Jake, who you've probably realized is my fiancé. Jake and I met on  another blind  date my parents had arranged for me  after I had flat out rejected the other candidates.

Majority of them only wanted to marry me for the company and there was no way I was going to let that happen. I was getting desperate and wished to just get married to any decent guy, if only to stop my aged parents from worrying about me. That's when Jake appeared : he was handsome enough and suited my taste, he also didn't do anything that implied he wanted my company so while I didn't really like him in the romantic sense, I was satisfied with him. After dating for 6 months,we got engaged a week ago.