Chapter 27

I didn't wait for the carriage to stop before I leaped out of it, I was that eager to see Naerys. Was he okay?, Had he been hurt again?, I was so afraid something terrible would have happened to him. My worries were unfounded , I knew that; after all Naerys had seemed fine the past few days but  I just couldn't stop my nerves.

I hurried over to one of the benches and had just sat down when Naerys' carriage pulled up. I leaned forward anticipating Naerys's beautiful face this time though, a young boy that looked slightly older than Naerys stepped out first.

My thoughts immediately halted and I was confused, who was he? this was the first time I'd seen someone help Naerys out of his carriage. Wait, could he be Wes? I watched for a while curious to see their interaction and when the stranger pulled him close for a hug my thoughts were confirmed, this had to be Wes.

Naerys turned around and instantly met my gaze, it was like his eyes had been pulled in my direction as soon as he'd looked up. I smiled at the thought and  made my way over to them intent on meeting the mysterious Wes today. Once I was within five feet of them both though, I let out a whistle of surprise.

Wes was handsome. I don't know what else I'd expected since every male I'd seen since getting here  had all been ridiculously attractive, but I definitely wasn't expecting the male standing before me.

I placed a good morning kiss on Naerys's cheek and wrapped an arm around his waist before turning back to Wes. He was tall and lean with milk chocolate skin and jet black hair. His eyes were a fiery orange that reminded me of molten lava, and that was where my inspection stopped. I wasn't about to start checking him out right in front of Naerys.

I cleared my throat and whispered softly into Naerys' ear,
" this must be Wes?"

He nodded before blushing and glancing down. I smiled and stepped forward, " it's nice to meet you Wes, I'm princess amaryllis and I'm assuming you know who I am?". He grasped my outstretched hand and nodded, I felt my ego expand just a tiny bit, I was right in thinking Naerys had told him about me.

I was about speak when Wes went down on one knee and grabbed my hand, I nearly scratched him, surprised he was bold enough to do that. Naerys however was standing right beside me and I didn't want to upset him.

" Thank you for everything you've done for him, your highness" he said and placed my hand on his forehead " I'm really happy he met you"

now I'm glad I didn't scratch him.

I bent a bit and gently lifted him up " what are you talking about? It's my duty to take care of him, there's no need to thank me. You are the one who truly deserves my thanks  for taking care of and being there for him when I wasn't."

I removed my hand from Naerys's waist and slowly bowed before him

" Thank you Wes "

" Oh no your highness it's fine really it's fine please get up now"

" Amaryllis, what are you doing? You shouldn't bow before a male please get up now".  Naerys spluttered, and I giggled a bit, they were really alike.

Once I had conveyed my thanks I straightened up and pulled Naerys to me " we have to get going now but it was lovely to meet you Wes."

" And you too, princess".

Naerys waved as Wes got back into the carriage and drove off. " Now Naerys" I started, pulling him along " let's get you to class". I had just given Naerys his daily kiss at the door to his classroom and he, per usual had scurried in without a backward glance. I chuckled as I turned around and bumped into someone.