Chapter 33

" Thank you for a lovely time Amaryllis" " You're welcome Tyrion, it's getting late where should I drop you off?" "Anywhere is fine, my carriage is right behind yours anyway ". I nodded and signalled for Alice to stop the coachman " good bye Tyrion, have a lovely night" I said as I placed a kiss on his forehead.
He blushed a bit before nodding and getting off the carriage.

The carriage began to move and I turned to Naerys " Now, how do I get to your castle?" " W-well, the only way to gain access into the kingdom is by having the queen's permission and the only way to find the city is having the blood of a merfolk otherwise you'd just get lost. Since you're with me, everything's solved and as long as we hold hands, you'll be able to breathe underwater."

I nodded and waited eagerly till we approached the dock where I had often dropped him off. I would finally see his home and his tail. We soon arrived and after  bidding  Alice goodbye with a message for my mother that I would be  late, I turned to a nervous Naerys.

" It's my first time showing my tail to someone so....." he shook his head and  turned his back to me, taking a few steps forward before jumping into the lake. My mouth fell open as mid-jump, his shirt faded into the sheerest material  I had ever seen and his bottom half became a lovely ombre of blue colours.

A few seconds later, his head popped up and he extended one dripping arm to me, I clasped his hand and gently stepped into the cold water securing the thin coat I had had Alice prepare beforehand. Once Naerys had confirmed that I was fine, he gently nudged us underwater and that was when i got the full view of his tail.

His short gray hair was spread around him swaying with the slightest motion and his tail had three shades of blue scales, starting from the deep blue at his waist, slowly changing to a normal blue before finally ending with a  lovely light blue colour that sparkled whenever he made the smallest move.

I opened my mouth in shock and some bubbles escaped, but I felt no need to rush up for air. I smiled in amazement at Naerys before slowly bending down, gesturing if I could touch his tail. He nodded and I proceeded to run my hands around the tip of his tail, slightly caressing the cool, soft scales. I was so absorbed in what I wandering that I didn't notice Naerys was squirming a bit, when I was finally satisfied I moved my hand away and moved upwards.

Naerys didn't  look at me but even underwater I was able to spot the full blown blush across his cheeks. I chuckled a bit when I realised what happened and tugged gently on Naerys' wrists signifying I was ready to go. He tightened his hold over my hand and began to move, showing me his favourite plants and some of his aquatic friends. I had never thought much about the ocean but I had to admit it was a beautiful place.

Naerys was always turning around to check I was still behind him even though our interconnected hands were proof of that, I wondered if he thought we would be suddenly separated by an internal wave or a flock of shimmering fish or something of that sort but still, it was cute to see him so concerned.

"We're here" Naerys announced, stopping a few feet above what seemed like a huge trench. The water glistened and sparkled as if being hit by the sun's rays but I was certain that wasn't possible due to how deeply we had gone. As we moved towards it, the air began to shimmer and slowly a small rift appeared exposing the wonderful aquatic city beneath it. I stared in awe as we entered. It was totally different from my kingdom.

The first thing I noticed was the size. It was almost like a small city rather than an entire kingdom. There was a huge castle at the center and around that were various much smaller buildings, despite that being said it seemed much more homy and gave off an intimate air. I assumed they were much closer as a race than any of us on land were.

Naerys said nothing as we swam through their streets, not even pointing or showing off his favourite places, it was like he'd gone numb as soon as we passed the barrier. I sighed and squeezed his hands tightly, but didn't say anything. We soon arrived at the castle doors and I was surprised to see Wes waiting for us. He bowed before us before speaking " how have you been princess?, I'm  glad you're here."