Chapter 2

My eyes flew open and I stared around me in shock 'Where am I, did I somehow survive the car crash?'. I think to myself as I slowly lift my upper body gently  from the bed underneath me. 'Am I in a hospital?', but as I looked around the room, I realized that it most definitely was not a hospital, what's more I didn't recognize this place.

       'Where am I?',I thought as I looked around the room. It was small and  shabby  with some old wooden furniture: just a bedside table and a small wardrobe at the corner of the room and another door a bit far off which I'm assuming leads to the bathroom, these along with the bed were the only pieces of furniture in the room, but that was not my current concern, the most puzzling thing was that I had no recollection of ever being in a room like this.

  'Well, I'm not in a hospital and it's highly unlikely that I survived the car crash so where I'm the world  am I?'. I brought my hands to my face as I felt an oncoming headache, but I stopped still and stared at my hands in shock.

'These aren't my hands'  I stared at the small and delicate hands with smooth, tender and soft skin with their natural pink fingernails. 'These definitely aren't my hands, they look like the hands of a 15 or 16 year old but I'm 23, where the heck am I?!'.

 By now I was beginning to panic, drawing harsh breaths and just as quickly letting them out, my chest rising and falling rapidly in sync with my  actions. I noticed a small mirror on the bedside table and brought it towards my face with my hands shivering , as the mirror approached my face, my heart beat faster while pounding fiercely against my ribcage.

'Impossible', I thought as I stared at the face in the mirror 'This is not my face'I blinked my eyes and the person in the mirror did so too, I pinched my face and so did the person in mirror. The bolt of pain cleared my head and confirmed that this was definitely me even though I was sure it wasn't .

       The room door opened and in walked a young girl, she seemed to be about 17 years old and she had a look of disgust on her face as she stared at me. She wore a maid costume and I stared at her extremely surprised ' A maid?, Where in the world will you find a maid dressed like this in this era? .

Noticing my stare,the girl looked at me and said " What?, Do you have something to say?, You better just shut up and eat." She huffed arrogantly  and dumped a glass cup on the table, inside was a crystal clear red liquid. It was translucent and seemed to be sparkling and looked suspiciously a lot like blood.

       A wonderful aroma filled my nostrils and my stomach grumbled in hunger, I felt my two canines extend till the  tip protruded out of my mouth ' What the hell?' I thought as I slowly felt the two pointy tips poking out at opposite ends of my mouth. I slowly brought the mirror back to my face and my reflection made me dizzy.

Noticing my odd behaviour, the girl just sneered at me and left the room  'Not only did I end up in some unknown place, inside someone else's body but I have somehow become a vampire?!!!, Too much information' , I thought and I slumped right back  onto the bed, fainting.

   'Where am I?' I thought to myself as I floated  around the sea of black I found myself in. I stared at my hands and noticed my body had become transparent and had an ethereal glow.

     I floated quietly inside  the black space and thought to myself once more 'Where am I ?', when suddenly a soft voice emerged from the darkness "you are in your subconscious" 'does that  mean I'm in the mind of the original owner?'. Apparently the voice could read my mind as it responded " Yes, my name is Amaryllis Sylvester".