Chapter 16

I drove myself back to the condo with my pride in my shoes, and my head hung in embarrassment. I couldn't believe I had just given up the secret location of Sweet Delia and Bobbi's father to Feather – the bad guy – all in one day! Mr. Flores is going to kill me. No even worse. He's going to be so mad, that he'll send Mr. William after me to bring my face where his fist is!

I parked my car behind my Pinto – which I still haven't found the courage to move, burn, or give away to a monster truck arena – and headed to the No Towing signed entrance. When I opened the door, I found D.I.C.E surrounding Sasha, who was sobbing heavily into a pillow on the couch. I was glad I took off my sweater in the car before Bobbi could see it. I made my way casually to the group to stand next to her.

"What happened?" I asked.

Everyone looked up to me. Sasha sniffled loudly and wiped the dripping mascara off her face.

"My uncle died." She said emotionally.

"Um, you mean our uncle." Tabasco corrected.

"I was his favorite, so shut-up!" Sasha snapped, and continued to sob into her pillow.

"They're taking it hard." Bobbi whispered over to me. "But in different ways."

"Sasha," I began as Tabasco shot me a look, "and Tabasco," I hastily added, "I'm so sorry, for your loss."

"Thank you hashbrown. The funeral's tomorrow," Tabasco stated.

"We'll come with you guys," Noah volunteered.

"Aww, Noah," Sasha gushed before grabbing Noah smothering him into her chest, "that's so sweet of you!"

Noah didn't say anything, he just grinned. Logan and Dylan gave him a thumbs up. Only Tabasco and Peter glared at him.

"Well that's enough of that!" Sasha said abruptly letting Noah go sending him to fall to the ground.

Now it was Tabasco and Peter's turn to grin.

Sasha briefly wiped her tears, making her look a little like a raccoon. Even then, she found a way to pull it off. "Who's up for some beach time?"

"I am," Riley said first, looking up from her game console.

"Count us in," Logan and Dylan said next.

Peter raised his hand. "Me too."

"Hey, I'm always down for some beach time!" Tabasco said leaping up to his feet.

Everyone looked over to Bobbi who looked uncharacteristically uncomfortable.

"Um...guys, why does it have to be the beach?" Bobbi said nervously. She grabbed Yumi's arm. "I mean, you know Yumi can't swim."

Yumi shot Bobbi an astounded look.

"Yumi can't swim?" Logan repeated.

"So if there was a tsunami," Dylan snickered, "she'd be screwed right?"

"Dude," Logan slapped his brother on the back of his head. "We live in Miami, if there was a tsunami we'd all be screwed!"

"Wait a minute," I said in shock, "Sasha you just found out your uncle is dead ... and now you want to go to the beach?"

"Uh ...yeah. Pretty much," Sasha said with a roll of her eyes, "his funeral not until tomorrow, so what's the point of being sad today?"

Unbelievable.

"Besides, this finally gives me a chance to try out my new string bikini!" Sasha squealed excitedly.

"String Bikini?" Noah, Peter, and the twins gasped with their fists in their mouths.

Rolling with DiceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara