Chapter 10

Author's Note:

Soooooooooooooo sorry about how long this chapter took, SCHOOL IS A KILLER WITH HOMEWORK!!! Anyways! Enjoy! Oh! And who remembers Mack Ralphs? The drunk guy who kept drinking in the prologue? Well if you don't remember him, you're about to ;)

I sat by the kitchen counter drinking a glass of orange juice, while Riley watched SpongeBob Squarepants in the living room.

It was nice to just kick back and unwind after the most brutal week of my life...especially when I was worried I might have caught bird flu or something from being attacked by those savage seagulls yesterday.

Note to self: Never Feed or Interact with Seagulls Ever Again!

I was watching SpongeBob magically set a campfire underwater when all the guys came jogging into the living room.

"Hey, Milo!" Noah called holding a bright, round basketball in his hand, "You up for some b-ball?"

"Sure," I said downing the remains of my orange juice. I dropped the cup in the sink, and strolled outside along with everyone else.

The guys led me to the front of the condominium where a tall basketball net was located beside a small play park for kids. The sun was blazing today, making me regret not bringing a hat to cover my oversized hair.

I could have bundled it all in a manbun, but my hair seems to have this strong dislike for elastic bands ...

"Alright," Tabasco said, wiping off sweat from his forehead with the end of his sweatshirt. Noah tossed him the ball. Tabasco caught it in one hand. "We're gonna do three on three. Me, Dylan and Peter versus Logan, Noah and Milo."

"Cheat!" Logan accused, "How come you get Peter?"

Tabasco chest passed the ball to Peter who effortlessly shot it straight down the basketball net like an NBA all-star.

Tabasco smirked smugly at Logon. "A) Because he can do that, and B) because I made the teams, sucker! Now let's go!"

Tabasco grabbed the basketball as it bounced back to him, and took a shot. The ball rolled around the rim before finally falling in through the net.

Show Off.

Tabasco picked up the ball again and passed it over to me.

"So you ready for tonight's robbery, hashbrown?" he asked as I bounced the ball back to him.

"I guess," I replied, catching the ball as Tabasco sent it my way again. I bounced the basketball on the tarmac with my right hand as I spoke to him. "How does it all work out?"

"See what happens is," Dylan said swiftly stealing the ball from me, "we all have our roles to play. Starting with Bobbi," Dylan shot the ball over Noah's head as he tried to snatch it from him.

Peter got the ball next.

"She - or rather her dad - picks who we rob, and tonight," Peter aimed for the net again. The basketball smoothly swooshed inside, "we're robbing Mackson Ralphs, owner of the Miami Sweet-Life Beach Hotel. Your turn Logan."

"Frederick is thirty nine years old - multi-billionaire, close friend of George Flores, but not quite as rich, and has been the owner of the Sweet-Life Hotel for eleven years." Logan stated before finding Tabasco's blind spot and sneaking a pass over to Noah.

"Mack's turning forty today so the whole hotel is throwing him a big birthday party," Noah explained as he passed the ball back and forth to Logan before passing the ball over to me.

I took my best shot at the hoop. The balls rolled teasingly around the rim, threatening to fall over, all before tumbling down inside. I couldn't believe it actually went in!