Chapter 9: Part 1

I thought it would be a good idea to start looking for Bobbi's diary first.

I mean it's a diary! How hard could it be to find? And who knows what kind of dark secrets lie in that book! It could very well have the information that I needed to bring D.I.C.E down for good. Maybe if I'm lucky I'd discover that Bobbi wrote about her meetings with her father or had some dirt on the guys that I could use for blackmail purposes.

I stepped out of the coffin shop and made my way to the cemetery next door. The cemetery was small, but guarded with a long rusty gate. I heaved the gate open sending a spray of green and red rust to the grass, before I walked right through.

The cemetery smells heavily of rot and decay, and gives off the dreaded feeling of death. I shivered. I've never been to a funeral before, or a cemetery. Even when my sweet Aunt Bonnie died when I was twelve my mother didn't have the heart to let me come to the service, but I guess she knew before I did that cemeteries gave me the creeps.

"Hello?" I called hoping one of the guys would be stupid enough to expose himself out of hiding.

No such luck.

I walked further into the cemetery. There were few trees around, all thick trunked, hunched and twisted together like curly fries with leaves. There were also many bouquets of flowers left at the foot of grave stones but even they looked to be dying.

I looked around the headstones of the graves for a sign of anyone and thought back to Bobbi's diary. For all I knew, those dicks could've hidden her diary in a grave.

I immediately stop in my tracks. Getting waxed from head to toe was one thing but I'm putting my foot down when it comes to grave digging!

I stared at the tall cross headstone before me with the name "Christopher Baxter" on top. He lived from 1945 - 2012. There was a bouquet of white roses on top of the grave with an envelope that said "Sorry dear friend."

I let out a long breath, feeling bad for Christopher's death even though I didn't know the guy. I heard a suspicious rustle behind me and instantly spun around. But there was nothing there but a fallen leaf.

Okay...get it together Milo.

I slowly turned back around but froze when I noticed that something wasn't right. It was like I was trapped in one of those 'Spot The Difference' games. The bouquet of white roses had magically turned red, the letter had vanished, and something about the tombstone seemed a little off too. I took three steps closer, my breathing becoming irregular as I realized that a metal plate had been stuck over Christopher's name - replacing his with my own!

"Milo Jaxon:1996-2012. Found Dead and Alone in a Cemetery." It read.

Four hands sprung up from the ground, and grabbed my ankles, sending me sprawling on the ground.

"LET GO OF ME!" I yelled, kicking the figures as fiercely as I could. There were two of them, wearing brown camouflage clothing, and had grotesque looking grey skin.

I swore and kicked the zombies again. I've seen The Walking Dead, I knew how this would play out!

"DIE ZOMBIES! DIE!" I hollered kicking and punching harder.

Finally the second zombie jumped back, rubbing its hand sorely.

"Shit Milo, I think you broke my wrist!" it said in a familiar voice.

My mouth dropped open. "Logan?"

Logan pulled down on his face, which actually turned out to be a mask. He started laughing.