Prologue

Author's Note:

This book is humor-themed so I hope to make you laugh at least once in these chapters! Changes and Edits have been made since 2013, to update the book. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. ©, 2013, KaylaBBailey

"Deal me in boys,"

 George Flores took a seat beside his business partners and closest friends.

"No way, George." John Fitzpatrick said with a long puff on his Mexican Cigar. "Last time you played poker I went home in my underwear; there's no way I'm letting you play again. This may be your hotel, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let you make a fool out of me!"

George smirked at him. George was a very wealthy Hotel owner in Miami, Florida, with his business placed all over the state, and a little in Canada, making him one of the richest men in the world.

It was a Saturday night, George took time off from working hard to establish his rapidly growing Hotel business, and he couldn't think of a better way to spend it than to play a few rounds of poker with his friends – and dig a little at their pride while he was at it.

"Aw, come on Johnny!" Mack Ralphs said taking a quick shot of Vodka for luck, "This game is always more fun when George plays."

The five men were all seated in a V.I.P area of Timeless Hotel's lounge/dance club, so while the partygoers danced the night away on the lower level, George and his friends played quietly in the private section above them, smoking away on their cigars and cigarettes while hiding their conniving faces behind their cards.

A perky brunette waitress with a double piercing on both ears served George and his friends with a platter full of foamy glasses of beer.

"More beer, anyone?" she asked, lowering the tray.

"Keep 'em coming, sweetheart!" Mack slurred grabbing a glass. He obviously had drunk more than he should for the night.

"No thank you," George Flores politely declined before turning back to John with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Oh, let me play John! I'll even put Marissa up for bet if you do."

John's eyes grew wide in disbelief. "Woah-ho! Betting up your Ferrari huh? Looks like someone's wearing their big-boy pants tonight!"

"I want a piece of that action!" Floyd Cameron interfered, handing George seven cards before loosening his tie.

 They were all wearing suits.

George took the cards and examined them all closely with a calculating look on his face.

"What game are we playing?"

"7-Card Stud." John leered smugly, "Sure you up for it Miami?"

"Always," George stared back at his cards again. When he saw his luck, he began to laugh, "Hope you got boxers on this time, Johnny, because you men have no idea what you've just gotten yourself into!"

George was about to gloatingly lay his Kings down on the table when he heard a clamorous boom! at the front of the lounge. George was instantly on his feet.

Not again. Please, not again!

George pushed his way through the crowd until he saw seven men – at least he thought they were all men – dressed in large black hoodies with Dice of a variety of colors labeled on their backs, run through an opening on the wall, which they had just previous bombed. They were carrying abundant sacks of money in each hand. The crowd was chaotic and exited the building as fast as they could. George didn't join them. Sadly he was used to this by now, for it had happened to him too many times already.

George stopped at the opening in the wall and saw a colossal Honda van with gleaming black paint, revved down the road at full speed. He looked down to the ground and saw that the robbers had left their signature trademark there. George shook his head.

D.I.C.E had struck again. Leaving a handful of colorful dice behind on the ground to signify the groups' name. It was the sixth time that month that they had robbed him, and quite frankly, George was getting sick of it. Having frequent break-ins at his hotels was no good for business, and with all the money D.I.C.E stole with each of their visits, it was slowly getting harder and harder for George to pay off the damages they left behind. George covered his face with his hand and sighed deeply.

Could anyone stop this troublesome group of criminals?