Chapter 36: for a great sacrifice comes a great reward

Edited.

Words:- 1526.

Song- Sam smith stay with me.

Serenity's P.O.V (surprise)

Have you ever thought of how you was gonna die?

I had mine all figured out.

I was going to die of old age with my mate beside me holding me tight.

Our children around us telling us they love us, our pack bidding us farewell.

I died happy.

Yeah well that did not go to plan.

I knew anything could happen; any day could be your last.

You could drown, get hit by a car; choke but not once did I think I'd die this young.

Not in such a way.

I had everything and now what?

I'm sitting here in a white dress on a heaven swing without the love of my life, my brothers, my pack and my baby.

I felt empty.

More empty then I have ever felt.

THIS! Was dying.

Well this sucks.

"Why are you so sad young fang?" a male voice said from beside me.

When I looked, a man who looked very much like myself sat there on the next swing smiling at me.

"I wasn't ready to die" I sighed In pain and looked down at the cloudy floor as tears burned my vision.

I didn't want to cry in front if this 'unknown' stranger but I could not control it.

Suddenly something was In front of me.

Almost like water but standing up and in it I can see myself, dead and a pitch black wolf Laying on me whining and letting out painful and heartbreaking howls.

"W-why are you showing me this? a-are you trying to break my heart more?" my voice broke by seeing and hearing my mate In such suffering and not being able to hold him.

"No, we are showing how much he loves you and me" a new voice said and then a body to the voice appeared.

My eyes open in shock.

In my disbelieved state my voice rang out loud in my ears.

"Xavier!" I looked at him and smiled.

"hey" he pulled me into a tight hug that lasted for what felt like hours, then he pulled away.

"Why are you here? you're from the future" I said in confusion as I move a bit of hair from he's face making him smile more.

"We get a second chance" he touches my belly.

"W-we?" I asked, I don't want to believe it; is it true?!

"You know what I'm talking about, MOM!" When those words left he's mouth I jumped into my SONS arms with tears running down my face.

A throat clearing noise made me and Xavier look at the man smiling.

"I'm glade you know, but we must clear stuff up" he took my hand gently then guided me to the sofa/cloud thing and smiled.

Why is everyone smiling?!

"My dear, we most start from the beginning.

As you know you're mother is the moon goddess also means you are of goddess blood, you know that right?"