Chapter 16: Christmas Traditions and The Kids.

Edited.

Words- 1504.

Song:- Phil Collins against all odds.

Serenity's P.O.V

I paced back and forth.

You'd think because it's Christmas I would not have to worry about anything for once. Right?

Yeah wrong, two things are going through my mind right now.

1. I have to tell my mate the truth about my brothers but mostly, the truth about me.

2. It's Christmas and I haven't seen Ryder. All I can think about is that he must have forgotten me.

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I placed on my white knee length dress and tied my hair half up half down.

It may be Christmas but for werewolves, the cold does not bother us.

We are warm blooded after all.

Plus the heat in this house is beautiful.

I signed before walked downstairs, I was looking down at my feet as I walked.

Deep in thought.

"I was afraid you was not going to come down" Ryder's voice rang out, breaking me from my thought.

I looked up and gasped.

Ryder stood in front of me in a shirt and jeans, the shirt was tight against his chest making his muscles push against the top.

But what really made me gasp was the beautiful pure white Christmas tree behind him.

He held a box of decorations and lights in his hands.

"When I was younger my mother and father had this tradition, they always told Jacob, Sarah and I about it.

It has been our family tradition for generations. I always love the idea.

You see the tradition is, the alpha and Luna will decorate the tree together. It's a mate thing, part of me always found it sloppy watching them do so.

However I would sit there watching them do it and then spend hours staring at the tree" he said.

I stared at him in wonder as he placed the box down and walked up to me.

He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him, restring his forehead against mine.

"Will you decorate the tree with me princess?" He whispered.

I swear this man is so unpredictable.

"Of course I will" I tell him with a smile.

That leads to now, we both stood either side of the tree now. Putting the last of the ball ball and special models on the tree.

The lights from the tree illuminated the front room and our faces.

Once finished all that was left was the star.

"Ry I can't reach, do you want to put it up?"

"The Luna always does it, every year it marks a new beginning and new strength. An alphas mate is his strength after all" he said as he picks me up and lifts me to reach the top.

I place the star on the tip of the tree, ry slowly brings me down and places me on my feet.

When I turn around we are inches from one another.

He tucks a lose piece of hair behind my ear, his eyes dancing in wonder.

"At least you are to me" he said, I'm guess referring to his last comment and the alphas mates.