~ Prologue ~

10 Years Ago

Bang Bang Bang

The sound of gunshots replayed in my head. I shook my head and tried to focus on the music playing in front of me. The calming melody of the piano soothed my thoughts as I looked at the pictures on the wall.

Our family portrait, I smiled at the memory. My mom simply wanted our picture taken but my dad didn't think it was enough, so he got our picture painted. Right next to it was another family picture, instead this time it was with my current family, my three best friends who were basically my older brothers. They took care of me when I lost everyone else.

More memories of my parents and friends filled my mind as I tried to cherish them rather than miss them, but my thoughts were halted when I felt a hand on my shoulder and the music stopped playing.

"Taehyung, I think you should get some rest now. It's been a long day."

I turned towards the voice, Yoongi looked at me with tired eyes as he waited for my response. I scooted closer to him on the piano bench and laid my head on his shoulder. "Play it one more time, hyung. Please, I really need this."

Normally Yoongi would deny a couple times before giving in but he knew this was the only way to keep me calm. He lightly nodded as he moved his hand from my shoulder and began to play again.

I closed my eyes and tried focusing on the notes when suddenly, the door swung open and two loud voices entered.

"Get up losers, we bought food!" Jimin shouted as he ran towards the table behind us to set down the bags in his hand. Once he put them down, he scurried behind me and gave me a much needed hug.

Yoongi was finally free from playing as Jin walked up to him with a heat pack wrapped in towels, "For your hands dude, they must be all cramped after playing for so long."

Yoongi shook his head, "Nah I'm fine, it's all muscle memory anyway."

Jin raised his brow at the boy, "You were playing the same song for two hours straight. Do you know how many different ways you can mess up your hands? You could get carpal tunnel, tendonitis, arthritis.."

"Okay okay, I get it. Give me the heat pack."

Jimin and I laughed at our friends' antics as we started to unpack the food. We all gathered around the table and ate. It became really silent really fast.

I tried not to think about it, but two years is not enough time to get over your parents being murdered. Correction, watching your parents getting murdered. I tried my best to hold back the tears forming in my eyes, not wanting to ruin dinner. Jimin noticed my expression change as he held my hand.

"I know it sounds unhelpful, but you will get through this. We're all here for you," he reassured.

"Yeah," Jin agreed as he paused to take a sip of his drink, "When we find who did it, we'll just kill them, too." He laughed trying to lighten the mood while earning a glare from Jimin.

"Anyway," Yoongi said, stopping Jimin from yelling at Jin, "Let's finish up soon, we all have a lot to do tomorrow and Taehyung needs to actually rest."

We continued to eat but this time my friends kept talking, I guess trying to keep me from thinking about my parents. I thought about what Jin said earlier. Yes, two wrongs do not make a right but, we can take an eye for an eye.