~ Chapter 19 ~

You heard a gunshot go off and immediately found yourself hiding under Taehyung as he held your head down. Both of your breaths were heavy as you tried to steady your racing heart. Taehyung was still holding onto his gun but thankfully, his protective instincts took over as he held onto you, keeping you away from the car windows in case anyone was outside.

Soon you felt Taehyung's arms loosen around you as he slowly moved up, trying to peak outside the back window to see who was nearby. He looked back at you and pressed his pointer finger on his lips with one hand and reached for the car door handle with the other.

Just as you were going to stop him, he quickly covered your mouth and gave you a look, nonverbally telling you to stay down and to stay quiet. You took a deep breath as you moved over to the other side of the car, making room for him to carefully exit the car.

You watched him step outside and slowly looked around for whoever shot the gun, and after a minute, you noticed his body go limp as he sighed in relief. You crawled over to the opened car door as you saw six men quickly run over to Taehyung.

You were finally able to breathe when you saw Jimin hugging Taehyung and watched Yoongi carefully take the gun out of his hand. When you managed to get on your feet, you stepped out of the car to get immediately hugged by Hoseok and Jungkook, Hoseok already tearing up and Jungkook trying not to.

Before you could even process what had just happened, you found yourself in an underground meeting room, somewhere Jin claimed was the safest location as no one could bug the room. You were sitting on a couch next to Hoseok as he held you close to him with an arm over your shoulders. Taehyung stood in between Jimin and Yoongi, leaning against the only table in the meeting room. Jimin had linked his elbows with Taehyung's while Yoongi had an arm draped over his shoulder.

Jungkook hadn't said any words to you yet. You were a little nervous to talk to him since he was actually correct about everything he said earlier, but every time you looked over at him, he simply gave you a small smile.

As everyone got settled, Jin and the new man, Namjoon, were talking amongst themselves at the front of the room while going over information on both of their laptops. Although you stopped crying a while ago, your nose was still a little runny so you wiped it on a napkin Jin gave you.

You snuggled a bit closer to Hoseok, causing him to turn to you, "Are you feeling any better?" he asked.

You laughed a bit, "I've had better days."

Hoseok smiled back, "We'll explain everything tonight, don't worry."

Soon your attention went to Taehyung, who took a breath and spoke loudly, "So whose idea was it to shoot a gun at the park in order to save us? It sounds a little counter productive."

Jin groaned, "If you had just come to us when you found that tape, we wouldn't have had to."

"Besides," Yoongi added, "We couldn't confirm that you weren't kidnapped, if someone held you captive, it would've scared them off."

Taehyung took a breath as he rubbed his face, "Right, because that's how you save kidnapped people."

"Well be glad we did it at the right time, otherwise we might've come here with one or even two unconscious bodies," Jin whispered as he stood in front of Taehyung.

Jimin turned to him, "Taehyung, we're being really nice to you right now, please don't get sarcastic with us."

"I don't think tough love is what he needs right now," you stated from the couch, quietly but loudly enough for everyone's eyes to turn to you.

"Respectfully Y/N," Namjoon started as he faced you, "I don't think you should be talking right now."

You raised a brow at Namjoon, who looked at the ceiling to think.