25.Another Betrayal

Gulf was sitting on the ground with his arms crawled over his legs with Bright sitting beside him.Gulf's and Bright's anxiety was reaching it's limits.The silence between them was broken by  Gulf's phone.He looked at the phone and ignored it.

"Who was it?" Asked Bright.

"Mew" replied Gulf.

"Just answer it, he must be worried."
Gulf ignored Bright's word as if he never heard it.
Usually Bright burst out when Gulf show him that attitude but Bright could sense how tensed Gulf was so he closed his eyes and took a sigh.

"Gulf, I know you are upset about Marilyn's death and I am too but we can't change the fact that her murderer is still out there and is capable of doing more murders.....I am not asking you to feel nothing, I am just asking you channel this anger, this resentment in catching the real culprit who still out there killing innocent people in name of justice." Said Bright.

Bright's words made Gulf to realise that this game of revenge isn't over and he has no time for  these emotions.He looked at Bright.

" Win wouldn't beleive that his boyfriend has grown this much." Said Gulf jokingly tow which Bright chuckle.
Bright put his arm on Gulf's and bring closer into a semi hug.

"You remember, what your aunt used to say......there is a very thin line between justice and revenge, not many understand this line.....Catching the killer would be justice to every innocent he killed."

Bright words brought Gulf back to time when he first joined CIB, his aunt was worried but at the same time happy.Those words of his aunt didn't make any sense to him before but now they make more than never.

"You are right, I will go to every extent to catch the killer.........I don't need my powers to catch her...I can do it on my own...."said Gulf with determined voice.

Bright smiles and said
"Before that, cool your mind and Mew can help you do that."

Gulf smiles.They both stood up.

"Call Mew and I'll be calling Win otherwise he will once again get drunk with Leo and complain." Said Bright.

"What?"

"Nothing, I am actually scared of drunk Win...you know how he tells everyone everything when he is drunk." Said Bright to which Gulf smiled.

Both went to opposite direction to call their boos. As Gulf about to call Mew, he saw his aunt name on dial.He kinda miss her aunt after Bright's words. Instead of calling Mew, he called his aunt but she didn't pick her call.
Suddenly he realised that how he was trying to reach out to his aunt but couldn't. His thoughts were disturbed by Bright's voice.

"What are you thinking?" To which Gulf shook his head

"Win was not picking .....but Gulf, how the killer get to know about your powers."

Gulf's body got engulfed by fear .The killer knowing his secrets and his aunt not picking up the  phone. It all start to connect. Gulf wobbled as if his legs lost all energy.Bright supported him to prevent him from falling.

"Gulf, what happened?" Asked Brught worriedly.

"Bright.....Bright....give me your car's keys." Said Gulf shakingly.

"Gulf! tell me what happened?"

"JUST GIVE ME THE CAR'S KEYS!!" Shouted Gulf. Gulf's eyes were filled with fear and anger.Bright has never seen Gulf like this. He reach down to his pocket and gave him the keys.Gulf took the keys

"Thank you....I am going ....I will tell you everything once I come back." Said Gilf while walking away from Bright.
Bright stood there bewildered, watching Gulf driving away.