Epilogue (part 1)

I paced the room, nervously, fidgeting with my hair and tie.

"Relax," Mareth says, sitting in one of the plush chairs.

"How can I? What if everything goes wrong?!"

"Nothing will go wrong, so relax, today is a happy day," I plop down next to him, sighing, "Unless you don't want to proceed with the ceremony," I bolted upright.

"Of course I want to, she's the love of my life," I smile, warmly at the thought of my soon-to-be wife.

~~~

I nervously bite at my nails. Gregor said not to go all bridezilla on him, his words not mine, whatever a "bridezilla" is. Nerissa walks in the room, still as frail as ever. She was wearing a simple gown, that was a shade of green-gray.

"You look fabulous, Luxa," I smile.

"Really?" She comes walking to me and places her frail hands on my shoulders. I had to tilt my head up slightly. While she might be frail, she was tall, almost taller than Mereth.

"Of course, cousin," I turn around and look in the mirror Gregor had brought from the Overland. I looked at my reflection. The dress was a green one, with a long skirt that touched the ground. The top was lined with gold, with large sleeves. The dress hung at my shoulders and was made of the soft fabric that most of our clothes were made of.

"You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be,"

~~~

Underland weddings were, different, or at least different than Overland weddings. There was a ceremony, much like the bonding ceremony, or that's how Luxa described it. I stood by the castle entrance. It had been a new addition due to peace among all Underlandian creatures. There were steps behind me, I turn my head and there she was, as gorgeous as ever.

"Good evening sir, I seem to have lost my soon-to-be husband, might you know where he is,? He was supposed to walk me to the arena." I laugh.

"No, your highness, I haven't seen your soon-to-be husband, might I walk you there in his place?" I held out my arm and she looped her arm through mine.

We walked towards the arena, our arms intertwined, passing excited Regalians on the way there.  We arrived at the arena entrance and walked in. We walked up to a raised platform, made of stone that looked really heavy. We walked upon it, and Vikus stood at the front.

"Ladies and Gentleman, we are here to formally join these 2 people, Queen Luxa of Regalia and Gregor, the Overlander," His voice rang through the arena. We turned around and faced each other, hand in hand

"I, Queen Luxa of Regalia, formally except you, Gregor, the Overlander, to be my husband and rule alongside me for all eternity,"

"I, Gregor, the Overlander, formally except you, Queen Luxa of Regalia, to be my wife and I shall rule alongside you for all eternity," The people in the stands clapped, but I drowned them out, the only person that mattered was Luxa.

"You may now kiss the bride," I brought her closer to me and kissed her, passionately, she was mine for eternity, as I was hers for eternity.

~~~

One more to go!