Chapter 20

"Ares, theres a war,"

~~~

I walk over to where is head lay and sit.

"Really, I need to be out there fighting," He says trying to stand up on his own.

"No, you need to rest," I say patting his wing.

"Fine, but if I am needed out there,"

"Well, I have to help down here, so I will be back," I stand up and carefully step over his large wings, "I'm really sorry I didn't come see you, its been really busy,"

"Its okay, I understand with the invasion, things must have been crazy,"

"Ok, I'm going to go now, bye,"

"Goodbye, Warrior," I shut the door and walk over to the nurse station.

"Hey, Im here to help. Where am I needed?" I ask this one Nurse.

"We need you over there," she was pointing down a hall full of nurses running in and out of the rooms, "You can help other nurses by carrying things and helping take care of paitents. Alessa, will take you now," She motioned to a young nurse.

"Follow me Warrior," She walked over to the supply cabinet and grabbed some bandages and ointment, "Here, hold these please," I grab the ointment and bandages. She grabs several smaller bottles, one recognize to be pain relief. She shuts the cabinet snd walks to a room.

The patient was an older guy, who looked like he was in his late 40s.

"Hello sir, I am she who is called, Alessa and this is my helper, Gregor," she said in a calm soothing voice, like Bob Ross'. She grabs his arm and there were several puncture wounds littering his arm. Alessa started dabbing alcohol onto his wounds. She let me dress him after she was done, "Here take some of this, it soothes pain,"

"Thank you," he says in a raspy voice.

"Your welcome, sir," I say. We leave the room and go to the next, according to Alessa's paper. This patient was worse than the last, wounds litter her body, she was really bruised as if she was a mere toy that the Gnawers could smack around. 4 other nurses were already in the room cleaning some wounds and dressing them.

It took awhile but, we finally got the patient stable enough to where she could wake up. Everthing moved so fast, it was all a blur.

She woke up screaming, a bloodcurdling scream, that seemed to go on for minutes.

When the patient finally stop screaming, they gave her pain relief and another one I only assume is for sleep, seeing how the patient looked tired a few minutes later.

Everyone left when she was asleep and scattered into different rooms.

Two hours later a few more people came in and some left.

"Go get some more pain relief, please she said as she was dabbing a childs wounds. I nod and walk out.

"Are you going to the supply closet?" A nurse asks

"Yes," I say

"Can you grab me 2 things if bandages and pain relief?"

"Sure,"

"Thank you. I will be in room 9,"

I grab the bandages and 2 pain relief bottles and head towards room 9. I open the door and see my worst nightmare.

~~~

Hello, sorry this update is late. I was working on my new Gregor novel, "Restart," i'm hoping it will be out soon.