Chapter 26

Luxa's eyes flew open. A wave of relief washed over me. I flew out of my chair and kneel at her side, I feel tears running down my face.

"Luxa, your awake," I said whispering. I was grasping her hand, my head buried in my arms. I look up. She was looking at me. 

"How long has it been?" She says in a quiet raspy voice.  

"Like 2 months," She tries to sit up but ends up falling back onto the pillows.

"Don't sit up, I'm going to go get a nurse I will be right back," I lightly kiss her hand and stand up. I lightly walk to the door and open it carefully. On the other side was a short nurse, her brown hair tied in a neat bun, she look familiar. She was looking at her clipboard

"Brea?" I asked

"Thats Dr. Thompson to yo-" She looked up, "Gregor?" She flipped through her clipboard, "Is Luca awake?,"

"Luxa and Yes she just woke up,"

"Okay let me in, I need to do a check up," I move out of the way and let her in. She walks to Luxa and takes the stethoscope that hung around her neck and puts it to Luxa's chest, talking to her. She puts the stethoscope back around her neck and writes stuff down on her clipboard. 

"Okay, I will be back with some food, hang in there," Brea opens the door and leaves. 

"How are you feeling?" I ask

"Good, these things are uncomfortable," She was messing with the tubes and wires attached to her.

"Don't mess with those they help you," I say.

"Do you know her?"

"Oh Brea, yeah shes my neighbor," 

We sit in silence until Brea walks in with food for Luxa. She puts Luxa into a sitting position, by adjusting her bed with some buttons on the side. She then pulls out a table from the side of the bed and sets the food on the table along with some disposable silverware.

"Here, be careful the potatoes are hot," She walks over to the couch where I am sitting, "Lets take a walk, Gregor. Luxa, a nurse will be in here to help you," She says with a smile. I follow Brea outside the room. 

We walk around the facility and walk into the courtyard, she stops and turns around.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asks

"Sure,"

"Luxas not from here right?"

~~~

I really sorry, this chapter didn't update earlier, this week I had to wake up at 8am and play an instrument for like an hour. Yesterday was really hard, because we had to march and it was hot, also its my first year marching, because I'm a freshman. Also, this chapter could've been updated on Monday, but I was super tired and forgot to publish and save, and it didn't save T-T. But I saved it and I'm going to go back to watching Deadpool 2 so, bye.