Chapter 13

!!This chapter has some gory parts(Blood, dead people/gnawers, etc...)!!

(Gregor)

The screaming continued as Luxa and I ascended the long staircase. It just got louder and louder. It sounded the 1,000 lost souls in the fiery pits of hell. Screaming everywhere. The few windows we passed by I could see gnawers invading. A few people lay still on the ground.

"Hurry, grab a weapon and get down there," I heard Luxa say. She takes a sharp turn. A few seconds later she comes out with a sword in a sheath.

I remember, the sword. I run back to my room and rummage through my bag. There it is. I unwrap it and head towards Regalia.

(Luxa)

I need to find Aurora. I go to High Hall. I spot golden fur.

I run towards the golden fur. It was Aurora. I hop on her back. She flew out of the high hall. The battle scene was gruesome. Bodies littered the ground, surrounded in a puddle of blood. Gosh, how could this happen?

"Fly me down to the group, go find the injured and take them to the hospital," I say over the screaming of my people. She lands a few feet away from where the group was. I look over to my left. A few yards away, William, head of the soldiers was there fighting off a few of the rouge gnawers. He took the position shortly after the war between the gnawers.

The group of about 4 gnawers saw me and walked over. Once pounced forward, like a cat attacking its prey.

I swung my sword and cut a big gash in its arm. It yelped and stepped back, its paw covering the wound. It takes off its hand, blood-stained its beautiful brown-red fur. The wound started gushing blood. The other three saw what I did to their fellow gnawer and started slashing their large claws at me.

I deflected most of them. One got me in the arm. It was shallow. I felt the warm blood drip down my arm. Staining the sleeve. I rip the part where the cut is and tie it around the wound.

"Need help?" A voice calls out from behind me. I glance back and see Gregor.

"Yes please," I hear the dirt crunching beneath his shoes as he walks up.

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I say back. More gnawers had joined the group of 4. Now it was a group of 8, excluding the one I cut. They come running up. Slashing at Gregor and me. He deflects all of them, as do I.

(Gregor)

I feel myself going to the sensations all too familiar. I hit every rat with precision, not killing them just making them unable to fight, I knock down 6. Luxa was fighting off one with black fur. She knocks it down.

The rest of them retreated. Afraid to lose more soldiers. They help each other out through the open gates. They are never open.

"Were the gates open when you flew down here?" I ask Luxa

"Yes. I couldn't tell you why though," She says, "I will meet you in your room in a little bit. Wash up you got blood all over you. I will order clean clothes for you," I nod. She walks over in the direction of a large guy and tells him something before she walks away, to find Aurora probably. I start walking back.

I walk towards the bathroom, which a servant lead me to. I thank her and open the door. It was just how I had remembered it. I stripped off my clothes and set them in a neat pile.

After bathing, I change into the new clothes left for me. They were made of the silk that all of their clothes are made of. My room was just up a flight of stairs. I walk up to them and start climbing.

I take a turn into my room. Luxa was sitting on the bed. She looked lost in thought.

"Gregor, how did they get into Regalia?"

Return to the UnderlandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara