Chapter 2 (e)

I sit and think. Think about so many things, my mind is racing. I was brought out of thought by Mom standing in my doorway.

"Gregor, do your chores then, get ready, your aunts and uncles are gonna be here soon for your going-away party. Oh, by the way, I invited Alex over and her parents," then she walks out the door.

Alex is our only neighbor. She lives a mile down the road, but ever since I moved here she has tried her hardest to try and swoon me over. She is annoying but, I deal with her. Sometimes she randomly shows up when I am doing my chores, it can get quite annoying, but I deal with it.

I get up and head downstairs. I put on my muck boots, and walk out of the back door. I first go by the cow barn and feed them. Lizzie and Boots, can't carry the huge wheelbarrow, so I got stuck with it.

Then I go visit Missy, she is my show cow. She moos, excited for her meal, but I will feed her after her walk. She bumps her head against my shoulder. I raised her from a newborn. She is 3 now. She was truly my escape from sinking into the claws of depression and grief.

"Hey, Missy, let's go on a walk. Come on, good girl," I grab her halter, "Come here, I got your leash," I coo her over. She walks over so I can but on her halter. I walk her out of the barn.

"Hi, Gregor," I look over, Alex is standing there. Her caramel hair tied in a ponytail and bright blue eyes staring into my brown ones.

"Alex, you couldn't wait for an hour,"

"Nope, I had to see you, and that fat cow," she glares at Missy

"Missy is not, fat, that is how cows are supposed to look, duh,"

"Sorry, it's just that I-," I cut her off

"Why don't you go back to your house?"

"Fine, I will see you tonight," She turns on her heel and storms off

"Thank god, Missy," I mutter to myself. I turn her around. We head back to her pasture. I feed her and get her some water. Missy needs to be separated because she can't get along with other cows no matter how hard I try. Mom says she's spoiled and used to getting all the attention.

I walk back inside. My mother is chopping up vegetables.

"Is dad back from work yet?" Once dad got better he was hired at my school as the science teacher.

"Nope, he will be in a few though. Why don't you shower and get changed," I nod and walk upstairs into the bathroom.

I turn on the shower. Steam rises from above the shower curtain. I step in. I scrub the dirt from my head and my body. I rinse off and turn off the shower. I step out and towel dry myself. I wrap the towel around my waist and head to my room.

I put on some nice jeans and a blue plaid button-down my aunt got me. I breathe in ready for Alex to be there. I sit there and walk out. Then I open the door.

~~~

The last chapter for today, honestly if I just sat down and didn't get distracted then I could probably get it all done, or most of it done tonight, buttttt I don't have the patience for that. Anyway, see y'all tomorrow. Byeeeee