Chapter 4 (e)

I wake up the next morning, refreshed. I look at my alarm clock. It reads 10:07. I get out of bed and head downstairs. I walk into the kitchen.

"Good Morning," Mom says as she is cooking pancakes. Dad is at the table with coffee and the newspaper.

"Morning, Mom, and Dad,"

"Is all of your stuff packed?" Dad asks

"Yep, I packed everything,"

"Good, don't want to forget anything. That's a 4-hour drive back here," I sit down at the table. Mom puts a plate in front of me. It has a stack of 4 pancakes and a lot of syrup.

"Eat up," Mom says, "What time were you thinking of leaving?"

"Probably 11. I have to be at the apartment by 4," Then I dig into my pancake stack.

"Okay, you should probably get ready after you eat. I'll go wake up Boots and Lizzie," Mom says

I finish up my pancakes 5 minutes later and head to my room. I change into a plain gray long sleeve and some jeans. I grab my 2 boxes and walk out my bedroom door.

I walk out to my car and I put the boxes in the back seat. Then I head back inside to grab my suitcase.

I walk up the stairs and across the creaky floorboards. Into my room. I grab the suitcase and put that in my car. I look at my watch it read 10:34.

"Gregor, go take care of Missy before you leave," Mom says from the living room

"Okay, Mom," I say back. I get my muck boots on and walk outside. I go into Missy's little shack. She moos, excited for her meal. I grab some grain and put it in her trough. Next, I grab hay and put it outside in her little area. She runs over to her trough, excitedly. I grab the hose and fill up her water.

"Goodbye, Missy. I'm going to miss you," I stroke her head. I walk out and check my watch. 10:42, I have to hurry and take a quick shower. I step into the bathroom and quickly undress and hop into the shower.

10 minutes later I am fully clothed and downstairs in the living room. I sit in between Lizzie and Boots.

"Gregor you are going to call every day right," Boots asks as she gives me sad puppy dog eyes.

"Of course, I will," I say

"We are all going to miss you, Gregor," Mom says. I glance at my watch it says 10:57.

"I should probably get going now," Everybody stands up and I hug all of them. I head out to my car.

"Goodbye, Gregor we are gonna miss you," Everyone says. I start the car.

"I'll miss you too," I say after I roll my windows down. I pull out and see my family on the porch. I am going to miss them so much.

4 1/2 hours later after an exhausting drive, and a ton of traffic. I arrive in New York City.