Chapter 31

"Howard, Luxa's awake,"

~~~

I had heard of Howard, he never was there when I came to check up on Luxa. Now I finally got a good look, well as good as one can in the torchlight. Howard was tall, and his silver-blonde hair and beard shimmered in the torchlight, he was handsome. He was holding a clipboard that fell to the ground with a clack.

"Really? Luxa's awake?" His purple eyes glowed with joy and excitement. Gregor nodded his head. I could see the relief wash over him. He grabbed Gregor and pulled him into a hug, "We must go to her," He released Gregor and stepped back, his eyes shining with tears.

"Aren't you on your shift though?"

"Yes...," He scanned the crowded hall of the hospital.

"Avalina," a woman with kind eyes turned around to look at him.

"Yes, Howard?"

"Watch over my patiences. I feel as if you are ready to do it on your own. Ask anyone if you need help with anything, I will be gone,"

"B-but sir, are you sure I'm ready?" She looked nervous. He put his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"I believe in you," Her cheeks grew pink quickly, seeing as they all had extremely pale skin. He lifted his hands and she walked down the hall, "That was my assistant, Avalina. She just started assisting me a few months ago. But, we mustn't keep my cousin waiting, now shall we?"

"Let's go then," Gregor said, motioning to the staircase. We all walk up to it and arrive at the room with no ceiling.

"I have something else to grab, I'll be right back," He takes off running down a hall.

"I don't think that we have been properly introduced. I am he who is called Howard," He held out his hand, I shook it, they were warm and surprisingly soft, like silk. He smiled. His cheeks were light pink. 

"I'm Brea," I nervously tuck my hair behind my ear. His height was intimidating but had kind eyes, that crinkle when he smiles, and a kind smile.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman," He bent down and kissed my hand, lightly, soft breeze, on a warm summers day. My face hot instantly. 

~~~

I run to the museum. I turn the corner and into the room, it was full of Overlanian artifacts as usual. I run to the back and start moving objects. Until finally I see the box. Before I left, I put all the photos I had from the Underland. I quickly grab it and open it. They were still there. I pull out one. Luxa and I were sitting in here, before the great battle, we took a picture together, just to save the moment. She looked younger, her face rounder, and eyes a little brighter. She looked beautiful, just as she always has. 

I pull out another one. I took it just before we moved to Virginia, there was everyone in it. Ripred, Aurora, Hazard, Luxa, Vikus in a wheelchair, Howard, Mareth, and Dulcet. I smile. Everyone was smiling and beaming with joy, just one person was missing, Ares, but we hadn't known he miraculously survived then. I put them back and close the box and put it in the bag I put Luxa's clothes in. I move everything back and set off. I reach the High Hall and run up to Howard and Brea, panting.

 "Sorry guys, I had to grab something," Gregor was breathing heavily, "Let's go," With that, I walk towards the lift, followed by Brea and Howard. Then we descend.

~~~

Hey all. Hope you enjoyed it, I certainly enjoyed writing this. Tbh I missed writing it. Anyways, stayed tuned!