Mannequin 3: The Reckoning: Part Three

You two went back to the factory to interview everyone there about Rose and who she was. No one seemed to give you the answers you're clearly looking for, and you're starting to get stretched thin. Everyone has the same bullshit answers, and if Johnny, another employee, gives you the exact same thing, you're going to go insane.

"So, how long have you been here with the company?" Sam asks.

"I've been here about three years now. I'm sorry, w-what's this got to do with me?"

"Relax. It's just a routine questioning," you state.

"Uh, did you know Rose Brown?"

"Uh... maybe. Uh, the name sounds kind of familiar," Johnny stutters, and you narrow your eyes.

"She was a seamstress here. She went missing about a year ago. Here. You mind taking a look?" Sam asks and pulls out a photo of Rose to show him.

"Uh, yeah, I s--I saw her around."

"Anything you can tell me about her that might help?"

"Uh, look, I'd love to help, but I don't know anything. And, uh, I'm about to be late back from break, so—"

"Do I look happy, Johnny?" you interrupt with a bitch face.

"Um, no."

"Do I look pregnant?"

"Uh, yes," he stutters some more.

"And that means my patience is running very thin. I have listened to everyone here give me the same bullshit answers, and I swear to God, if you do the same to me, I am going to lose it. Do you want to see what a pregnant woman looks like when she loses her shit?"

Johnny's face is pale, and his mouth opens and closes like a fish but nothing comes out of it. Sam just takes out one of his cards and slides it over to him.

"If you remember anything else, please give us a call. Excuse us," he chuckles and motions for you to follow him.

The glare on your face doesn't go away as you get up and leave, and as soon as you are out of ear shot and prying eyes, you turn to Sam.

"He's hiding something, Sam."

"Yeah I know. Everyone died at night. We'll come back and see if he's Rose's next victim. Until then, we should head back to the motel."

Thankfully, Sam found a cab to get you back to the motel because you really didn't feel like walking. Not that you couldn't, but you didn't feel like it. As soon as you got back into the motel room, you fell onto the bed with a sigh. Sam takes a seat at the table where his laptop and some news articles are, and he gets back to work in trying to solve this case.

"Is there never a moment where you don't take a break?" you ask.

"People will die if we don't. I have to solve it before then."

"I'm glad that part about you is back."

The room falls into a slight uncomfortable silence, always reminding you that things will never be back to normal between you and Sam unless you want it to be. Of course, you want things to go back to normal. Sam has apologized over and over again since he got back, but is that enough? He's been doing really good over the past three months, proving that he's not the soulless guy. He has a moral compass and emotions now, so why is it so hard for you to wipe the slate clean?

Thinking of Sam brings you back to your daughter and how she isn't even moving. At what point do you go to the doctor and say, "help me, my daughter isn't moving"? Maybe you're being paranoid, but you just want her to be okay and healthy. Not moving after five months is kind of concerning to you, but you guess you'll have to sit back and just see what is going to happen. Who knows, she might even kick—