Mannequin 3: The Reckoning: Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Lisa?" Dean answers. "Ben? What are you—... What are you talking about?"

Ben is calling? Why is he using his mom's phone? Is she okay? You sit up in concern. You may not like her, but you don't want her dead.

"Define 'bad'," Dean says and pauses to hear what Ben has to say. "Alright, put her on the phone... Ben, get your mom and put her on the phone... Alright, let me call you back—five minutes."

He hangs up and turns to you and Sam, but you shake your head.

"I'm not doing it."

"Doing what?"

"Going out there with you," you say and get up.

You don't say anything else as you leave the office. You're not going to get anything from Rose's sister by staying cooped up in this office. Sam's and Dean whisper behind your back, but they follow you out of the office and back to the car. You want Dean to go and see if he can help Lisa, but you don't like that it's Lisa asking for help. You're very conflicted about it, and with these pregnancy hormones, it's not really helping.

"You need to leave, man," Sam says when they approach the car.

"Come on, man, I-I can't just leave."

"Just leave already, Dean. She could be dying or dead."

"Thanks, Y/N. That's great," Dean scoffs.

"I can handle this for twenty-four hours, Dean. I get you want to bury it, but I had to deal with my past year. You got to deal with yours."

"Plus, I'll be with him. I may be pregnant, but I can still kick his ass," you smile sweetly.

"Yeah, that too," Sam rolls his eyes. "Come on."

Sam practically shoves his brother into the car, and Dean doesn't argue. You hate that he's going to see her, but if she's truly in trouble, then Ben might be too. It's all a confusing time, and you're not sure what to think of it all.

"So, we should interview the sister now."

"Can we not be awkward about this?" Sam asks.

"We're not. Unless you make it awkward. Let's just go," you sigh and leave his side.

You got the address from the office because Isabel was listed as Rose's emergency person, so you know exactly where she lives. Sam sighs but follows you to her house. He doesn't want to fight with you anymore... he just wants his best friend back, and to have things the way they were.

Isabel's apartment wasn't far, so luckily, you didn't have to walk far. This is a small town, so everything is close by. Isabel is nothing like you were expecting, but she was welcoming nonetheless. She even offered you something to eat when she saw just how pregnant you are.

"So, you and Rose were close, huh?" Sam starts off.

"Very. Our parents died when we were little, so we had each other."

"What was she like?" you ask as you take a bite of the sandwich she made you. l

"Kind and giving. She had the biggest heart, but people gave her a hard time," Isabel sighs.

"How come?"

"She was shy and a little awkward. I guess that made her an easy target. I feel like I've been defending her my whole life."

"I'm sure she appreciated it."

"Well, it went both ways. She did more for me than anybody else ever could. I just miss her," she sighs sadly.

There are a lot of mementos of Rose all over the place, including a photo album of their family.

"May I?" you ask and point to the album.

"Sure. Please," she nods, and you open the book to a photo of a Christmas party. "Oh, it's a company Christmas party a couple years back."

"Wait, you work at Salzman & Sons, too?" Sam asks.

"Well, everybody works at the factory. That's Rose," she smiles and points to her sister.

"Look," she whispers and points to the janitor that died in the science building at the college. That means that Isabel and Rose might be at the center of this thing.

"I really appreciate your hospitality and for giving me something to eat, but we should get going. Please call us if you have any questions or if you think of anything else."

You hand her your business card, and you and Sam get up. You take the rest of your unfinished sandwich and leave her apartment with the younger brother. You have no business or interest calling Dean, but Sam does it for you so he can at least inform Dean what's going on here.

"Dean, hey, get this. That college janitor? He worked at the factory until last year. Apparently, he quit right after Rose's disappearance."

"So fair bet something happened to that girl around that factory, so let's call that joint ground zero," Dean says over speakerphone.

"Right, but it still doesn't explain how a ghost ended up at a college in another zip code."

"I told you. Rose might be connected to a person. If we find that person, everything else will fall into place," you state.

"We're headed to the factory now. I'll call when we get the whole scoop on Rose."

Sam hangs up, and you finish the rest of your sandwich. You're ready and fueled to take this case on.