24.

<>~<>~<>~<>

𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙠·𝙚𝙣 

𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙠·𝙚𝙣 

𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙗 

𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣.

<>~<>~<>~<>

Adaliah noticed it first. 

Of course she did. She always noticed her surroundings. She made the mistake once, not taking in her environment fully, and payed the price for it. 

Never again

"Duck!" She yelped, tackling Hitoshi as sharp red feathers penetrated the dirt where he once stood.

"I prefer Hawk." The blond snickered, watching as the two jumped into defensive positions, quirks at the ready. They looked mean and ready to fight, but Hawks was ready to keep him as far away from a pass as possible. Wait- no. Them

Both of them. Right. He couldn't play favorites no matter how much he wanted too. 

To be fair, the only reason he was here was because there was a chance he would get to see the omega. He had previous experience with the U.A. student, and since she was one of the only ones, at the time, who didn't have a pair up with a teacher or student,  he was asked to come in to play villain for her exam. 

He did so happily, both to get training as a 'villain'  for an upcoming mission and to see the girl in action. He didn't really get the chance to see her at her full unbridled potential during...anything? Her hero studies were cut short, thanks Stain, and then the sports festival had so many rules and regulations she had to follow. God, the sports festival alone was such an annoyance. So many mistakes in such a short time period. 

The golden orb that was launched at him winded him as he recovered, wings flaring beside him as he tried to right himself, but it was too late. The two were gone, a cloud of smoke left in their wake, leaving Hawks to chuckle to himself before he took off. 

"Since when were those a thing?" 

---

"Since I said so now move!" Adaliah pushed Hitoshi, both running off to a nearby building, throwing opened the front doors and scaling the fire-escape stairs to the third floor. They remained in the fire escape area though, taking a breather. There were no windows, no cameras, no way for anyone- Hawks or otherwise- to know they were there. The static in their ears had them alerted that someone was trying to reach them, but there was no reception. 

Probably just to make sure they were still alive. 

Adaliah pulled the earpiece out nonetheless, placing it back into it's case and placing into her hip pouch.  Hitoshi panted beside her, copying her actions before flopping beside her.