1.

AN: Note that the first few chapters will be fairly similar to the first few of the original book, but that's because they were early enough that if I edited them it did no harm to the overall plot. However, there are some changes nonetheless in this compared to Quintessential. Nevertheless, enjoy~ 

Also you don't have to have read Quintessential. That book is a mess and a half. 

<>~<>~<>~<>

𝙖𝙨·𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚 

𝙖𝙨·𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚 

𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙗 

𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 (𝙖𝙣 𝙪𝙣𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜) 𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚.

<>~<>~<>~<>

Presenting.

The time in any kids' life when their scent changes, signifying their second gender for all the world to smell. For many this happens while their hastily coloring outside of the lines in the kindergarten room, or even just as they sit down for supper. A sudden burst of whatever smell will waft around them, signaling Alpha, Beta, or even the illusive Omega.

Betas took up around fifty percent of the population, while Alphas took up 35%, leaving Omegas with a dwindling  15%. The minority though, made up for it with their sweet, sweet scents, often  times imitating baked goods or even flowers. Alphas had muskier scents, like leather or fire pits, while Betas where stuck with bland ones, like bread or flour. 

Ah, yes. Presenting indeed was a great time in any person's life -almost as exciting as getting their quirk- but for the lucky few, or unlucky few, that slipped through the cracks, presenting was just one more thing to worry about. 

For Adaliah, she knew this much too well. 

The seven-year-old sat on the too-big hospital bed, knees tucked to her chest as her chin burrowed between her chest and knees. Her white locks fell behind her, knotted and greasy,  yellow eyes nearly as drab and flat as her hair. The bandages around her neck (hiding the nasty wound underneath) scratched at her sensitive skin, but she ignored it, in favor of glaring out the window. It was currently raining, the drops dragging down the tainted window as she frowned. It was exactly how she felt.   

Visiting hours were long over, not that she had many visitors, but it meant that her room would be quiet. Her room mate seemingly drifted of too sleep hours ago based on how quiet they were, leaving the room in complete and utter silence, one that echoed a taunting howl of loneliness around her.

The T.V in the corner played some stupid children's cartoon, something the girl grew out of a while ago, the voices becoming white noise as she fiddled with one of the buttons on her shirt. She was still invested in the window, the night sky dark but still light enough to highlight the raindrops that continued to fall. It was a sweet serenity until broken; The tacky curtain behind her screeching as it was roughly pulled open. A new scent quickly invading her nose.