21.

<>~<>~<>~<>

𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣·𝙨𝙖𝙮

𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣·𝙨𝙖𝙮

 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙗 

𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙮 𝙤𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩 (𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩).

<>~<>~<>~<>

Adaliah liked keeping her private life...Well, private.

Aside from Katsuki (And now Shouto, Iida and Denki, she supposed), none of her classmates knew of or knew her brother. And she liked it that way. 

Though when her peers talked about their parents, she felt a pang of guilty anger; not against them or Kai, but in a way about herself. No one knew about her "broken" home, and don't get it wrong, she loved that, but it still was like salting a wound. They talked about their moms and dads singing songs, reading stories and everything like that. 

Adaliah didn't do that. She fought for food scraps for her and her brother, learned harsh lessons young and went through the gauntlet. She held resentment towards no one other than her mother, but still, listening to their stories made something uneasy set in her gut. 

Looking back to her childhood, Adaliah could spot a multitude of things wrong with it. The hero's commission made them learn to fight young only to pit them against one another for favor.  Her mother turned a blind eye when older boys got to close, hands travelling places she didn't want nor permit. But Kai was always a good positive in her life in the very least. 

Shaking her head, she tossed a jar of tomato sauce into the blue basket on her elbow, walking further down the isle. She occasionally plucked a pack of spices or a can of broth from the shelf, eyes scanning prices and labels quickly. Kai was picking up whatever protein he wanted, the two more likely than not would be able to do something with what he picked.  

Looking down, she hummed, rubbing the space between Aspen's ears. She officially completed training and was now a proud Psychiatric service dog, vested and all, sitting nicely beside Adaliah.  She followed diligently when the omega walked forward, and whenever a male got to close to her, Aspen wedged her way in between them. 

She was a good dog, that was for sure. 

Reaching into a small pouch clipped onto her purse,  she used her fingers to snap a biscuit in half, giving it to Aspen before grabbing a can of mushroom broth. 

"You have a dog?"  

Shooting up her head, Adaliah smiled, dropping the can in her basket as she turned. Shoto quirked a brow at the pooch who sat between him and the omega. The dog had ruby eyes that watched as he shifted his weight, white-furred ears flicking.