Chapter 94

Christen and I flew to Chicago for a game against South Korea and Jill's last game. Isabella stayed behind since I was going to fly back for the last few days of shooting before wrap up so she's staying with my grandparents.

We were the last ones to arrive at the hotel and when we entered the lobby, I saw Jill there with Dawn so we quickly walked towards them and have them a hug.

"There's the super star."

I smiled at her.

"I'm gonna miss you coach."

They handed me Christen and I's room key and we quickly put our things away before going down to have dinner with the rest of the team. We all sat in the dinning area while we all caught up with each other. I looked around and saw that Alex wasn't here because she went to bed early.

"How's Alex and her pregnancy?"

"She's doing great. Mrs. Preggos have very weird pregnancy cravings. A lot of pickles and mayonnaise involved."

The rest of the team scrunched up their faces while I just shook my head and chuckled, knowing I had similar cravings when I was pregnant with Isabella.

I sat beside Pinoe and Christen while we were surrounded by the rest of the "gayng". We started talking about random things until our conversation turned to the NWSL.

"Portland and Reign came through, I expect any of you to dethrown the Courage."

Pinoe looked at me and smirked smuggly.

"You could count on us to do it sister, we won't let you down. We have Mitch on our side."

I chuckled and shook my head. Crystal heard it from the other side of the room and turned her attention to our table.

"HEYYY!! WE'RE GOING TO BE THE CHAMPIONS JUST YOU WAIT!!"

A bunch of our younger teammates started singing Hamilton making me chuckle. After dinner and a bunch more friendly banter, we decided to hit the hay for practice tomorrow.

.

I had the captain's armband on my forearm as we huddled into a circle in the locker room. We looked at Jill waiting for her to talk.

"Hey um... So yeah. It has been... I've always had the best seat in the house for this fucking team. It's been a privilege and it's been a pleasure, to share the view that I've had with all those people out there that deserve to see the best of you today. And you guys are going to be fantastic, as always and yeah. Got any words for us captain?"

I smiled as they all paid attention to me.

"First of all I would like to apologize for not being here the last 2 games, I was rather preoccupied with other things."

They started whooping, some screaming 'superstar' or 'black widow baby' making me shake my head and chuckle at them

"But I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jill, you are the only coach that got into my thick skull into coming back to playing soccer, you are one of the first people who accepted me back in. For 5 fucking years, you have never stopped trying to get a hold of me, despite me changing my phone number a couple of times and you somehow finding it. Now that I think about it it's kinda creepy."

The girls chuckled while Jill looked at me teary eyed, giving me a soft smile.

"We will miss you Jill, and this game is for you."

They all cheered and pulled her in a group hug before we decided to continue preparing, putting last minute prewrap and all that shit. once we got out and made out way to the tunnel, the staff were lined up and giving us high fives. I held hands with the little girl beside me, the trophy and  the pennant on my other hand and we walked out to the field. There was a ceremony there for Jill and her jersey with 132 written on it and a bunch of our signatures. We clapped for her and watched with a smile as the rest of her family went out to the field with her.

We got in one last huddle and I gave some words of encouragements and talked a little bit of tactics.

"Team on 3. 1.. 2...3."

"OOSA OOSA OOSA OOSA!!"

We cheered and broke the huddle before going to our places on the field. I was playing up top with Cristen and Tobin as the wingers.

It was a great game all in all, I got to sink the ball at the back of the net 4 times  while Carli got herself a goal too, there were a bunch of nutmegs from Tobin. Did she try to nutmeg me too despite being her teammate? Yes. But was she successful? Fuck no.

The final whistle blew and we all cheered, I felt my teammates on the field immediately jump on me and pulling in a group hug before the players from the bench started walking towards us. My hands immediately opened, pulling Christen into a hug. I wrapped my arms over her shoulders while hers went around my waist and I kisses the side of her head. We were in the middle of all of our teammates so we were a bit covered, but I am sure that other people could still see us.

"You stink."

"Hey you stink too. Congratulations by the way, full 90 minutes, and 3 assists."

"You got 4 goals, what are you talking about?"

I chuckled and we started wobbling towards the bench, still in that tight hug. I heard her giggling making my heart warm and pulled away once we were at the bench. Jill pulled me in a hug and I smiled, hugging her back. We were back into a huddle as she spoke her last words to us as our coach.

"Hey, great game you guys, what a great second half. Came back out there and put them.on their heels but more importantly I'm going to miss the shit out of all of you. You are unbelievable people, I will always be a fan you all as a person and as a player so all the best, good job."

We cheered and put all our hands together in the middle of the circle. They looked at me and I smirked.

"Team on 3, 1... 2... 3..."

"TEAM!!"

.

I went through some documents, the documents about all the land that Abuelo left for me that was sent to me by my lawyer a few days ago but I only found the time to go over now. Our property in Los Feliz, Los Angeles was kind of huge so I got in contact with an Architect that Scarlett recommended me a few days ago and some Engineers and we started planning for the house.

Christen and I want to have a home in LA, since it is where most of her family and friends lives and where Lola lives. Most of my friends are there too, plus we need a place where we could relax and get away from everything. A place that we could say that we both own, since the house in Seattle is just in my name.

"I find it funny that we are planning our house before we even plan our wedding."

I looked at Christen beside me who was looking at some of the designs the Architect sent us, looking at blueprints that are similar to the one we invision for our house for basis and we would start from there.

I chuckled and pulled her closer to me.

"I'm so excited for this project though. We finally get to have a house together."

She smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so excited too and I love you so much."

"I love to too honey."

She removed my glasses and instead put it on her and she went back to looking through the print.

"How long would this take?"

"She said depending on what design we choose either 7 months to a year. They work fast apparently."

She nodded her head and by the end of the night, we were able to send Michelle kind of the visual of the things we like and don't like and things that are a must have.

A/n: Kinda forgot to add Jill's last game in so here it is. And domestic Michelle and Christen planning on getting a house together?? In LA?? Yes please.