Chapter 88

We are going to be having our game against Portland today and I invited Emily, Lindsey, Tobin Kling to the house to help us finish the banana bread.

We sat lounging on the couch while I kept in contact with my lawyer (the lawyer that is also defending Ria in court) for updates about the trial. By the time Ria testifies, alongside some other witnesses, I would be in Norway but Yeye and Mimi would be there so I would just let them update me and maybe visit the bastard once he is convicted so I could give him a little piece of my mind.

Everything is getting kind of exhausting, with the lawsuit, filming, writing, and the pre-production stuff, and now this. I could feel myself get tired emotionally and mentally. I can't wait for October and December to come, I am in dire need of the ocean.

"What did you put in this?"

Emily said with her mouth full, a crumb fell out of her mouth causing a bunch of us to cringe at her and Isabella, who was playing the switch with Tobin, to throw the box of tissues at Sonnett from across the room.

"Uh... Big chunks of chocolate and walnuts, the other batch I added some citrus and a few dried fruits as an experiment."

Kling got up and got the other kind of banana bread and showed it to me.

"This one?"

I nodded my head and I watched as she took a slice and took a huge bite out of it. She let out a moan and I saw Tobin freeze causing Christen and I to look at each other and chuckle.

"This is so good, can I just bring you back to Portland with us? Tobin can't cook for shit."

Tobin sat up in defense and glared at her teammate.

"Hey, you're one to talk."

I shook my head at the two and stood up to refill my cup of water. I saw Kling stand up and follow me to the kitchen and I stood there waiting for my glass to fill while she rummaged through my cupboards.

"How are you and Heath coming along?"

Kling sighed and faced me with a frown.

"I've been waiting for her to make a move but I feel like she isn't getting any of my hints."

I chuckled and chugged the water down before putting my cup on the since and facing her.

"Typical Tobin, but why don't you try to be the one to make a move?"

"If she doesn't feel the same?"

My mind went back to the way Tobin would stare at Kling, the way her eyes widened and her body froze when Kling took that bite and how Tobin would literally do anything Kling asks her to.

Heath is whipped.

"Trust me, I have a feeling she does."

"What are you a psychic?"

I shook my head and chuckled.

"No I'm not but I have eyes."

I watched the defender stare into nothing.

"It's up to you though Kling, whatever makes you feel comfortable, but from an outsider's perspective, you two would make a great couple. Not as great as Christen and I, but great nonetheless."

I chuckled when she shot me a glare and flipped me off then we decided to go back to the living room with the rest of the people. I plopped down beside Christen and intertwine our fingers together.

"Are you ready for the game later Martins?"

"Yeah, are you ready to finally be nutmegged?"

I chuckled as the Portland players looked at me competitively.