Chapter 38

Christen, Tobin and Kling flew back to Portland 2 days ago and now Isabella and I are on our way to the airport to pick up Yeye and Mimi.

Before they left to the airport we pulled Isabella aside to tell her about our relationship.

I made sure that nobody was following us so we went to the backyard while the others were singing karaoke inside.

"Mommy? Is there something wrong? Did something happen?"

I felt Christen's hand on my back and I turned back to her with a smile. I grabbed her hand and we faced my daughter again and she was looking at us skeptically.

"Bubs we have to tell you something. Christen and I are together."

She started jumping up and down, pulling Christen in a hug . My girlfriend looked at me kind of shocked making me giggle. She suddenly pulled away and looked at the both of us seriously makinh me super confused.

"Who confessed their feelings first?"

"Your mom did. But I asked her to be my girlfriend."

Her serious face tirned into a huge smile as she did a small dance.

"Auntie Pinoe owes me 20 bucks! She said ypu didn't have the balls to confess, which confuses me cause you're a girl... you don't have balls, but I don't care cause I'm 20 bucks richer."

Christen and I raised our eyebrows at the new information wejust learned

"There is a lot to unpack there... first of all what are you doing making bets on your own mother's love life???? Second, what the hell?"

"What? Aunt Pinoe even offered 100 dollars but i didn't want her to be broke since I knew I was right so I went with 20."

I shook my head and laughed softly before bending down to her height.

"But Izzy, you can't tell anyone that Christen and I are together... atleast not yet. Please?"

She nodded her head with a smile on her face.

"Okay, I know how extreme they could get, I get it. Can I go now? Auntie Sue just challenged me to karaoke before they leave."

I chuckled and nodded my head and watched the 11 year old run back, but not before turning around.

"Oh yeah and Auntie Christen, welcome to the family."

Christen got a little teary eyed after Isabella welcomed her with open arms. I smiled with the thought of how close they both are.

We parked at the parking lot before going out to wait for them since their flight was delayed for an hour so we have 20 more minutes before they land. We decided to stay at Starbucks, with me ordering a latte for myself and 3 hot chocolates for Isabella ang my grandparents.

When their plane landed, we went to their gate and saw that they were the first ones out. I smiled, pulling the both of them in a hug, my daughter following suit.

"Yeye, Mimi,  I missed you both so much."

"Zengzufu, wo hen xiang ni!" (Great grandpa, I missed you so much.)

"Ó, nín de pǔtōnghuà kǒuyǔ yuè lái yuè hǎo Bella." (Oh, you're getting better at speaking in Mandarin Bella.)

My daughter grinned proudly before pulling Mimi in a tight hug.

"I missed you too Mimi."

"My sweet sweet great grandaughter."

We handed them the hot chocolate before going to the baggage conveyer. Once we got both of their suitcases, we went to the parking lot and drove home.

"Thank you both for doing this. I didn't want to bother any of my friends anymore."

They both gave me reassuring smiles through the rear view mirror.

"You know you could always count on us Shelly, plus we haven't had any chance to bond with Bella. We will glady look after her anytime."

I grinned and we continued the drive to the house.

Once we arrived at the house, Yeye went straight to the garden with Isabella leaving Mimi  and I with all the luggage making me giggle.

"Of course that old man leaves me for the flowers. Why am I not surprised?"

I quickly carried both of their suitcases into the house behind my grandmother who was inspecting everything.

"Oh Linda will really like it here, I have to call her immediately. What time is it in Los Angeles now Michelle?"

.

November 2, 2018

I kissed Yeye, Mimi and Isabella's foreheads before grabbing my suitcase and rolling it to the gate where Alli and Pinoe were waiting.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping."

I grinned, rolling my eyes before putting my suitcase in the trunk. I see Megan squinting pero letting out a scream.

"IS THAT YEYE AND MIMI I SEE?!?!"

She waved her hand like a crazy woman, half of her body outside the window and a big grin on her face.

"I MISSED YOUR DUMPLINGS YEYE!!"

"WE'LL MAKE SOME WHEN YOU GUYS COME BACK!!"

I watched as one of my best friends cheered while putting her body back in the car making me shake my head at them.

She always got along with all of my grandparents, but was she the favorite? No. Becky is, but we're not telling Hao, Ash and Pinoe that.

I entered the backseat and gave Allie, who was in the driver's seat, a smile.

"I fucking missed those two. They are so adorable."

I shook my head and waved at my grandparents who were waving at us from the front porch.

"And I can't wait for those dumplings."

We just landed in Lisbon. My ass hurts after sitting on that damn chair for 13 and a half hours and I am not okay. I got to sleep for a total of 2 hours the whole flight, fucking insomnia.

I quickly texted my grandparents and my dauggter that we just landed and we went to the waiting area where the rest of the girls were waiting because we were the last ones to arrive.

I quickly made my way to Christen and gave her a tight hug.

"I missed you."

"I missed you to babes."

We entered the bus that will take us to the hotel and I finally felt myself get sleepy. I leaned back, closing my eyes as I felt sleep finally take over me.

I woke up when we hit a bump on the road making me open my eyes, only to see that we were pulling up at the hotel. I groaned, leaning my head on Christen's shoulder as she ran her hands through my hair.

"How much sleep did you get on the plane."

I hummed in thought.

"Less than 2 hours maybe?"

I heard her sigh and leave a kiss on my forehead making me smile. The bus stopped and we got off, going to grab our bags once we got out. I lazily dragged my suitcase to the lobby where Jill was talking but I wasn't listening, too tired to actually do anything.

"Hey Mitch, come on. Let's go. We have our own rooms this camp."

I felt myself perk up at the information.

"USSF finally gave us enough budget for that? Didn't know they still knew us."

I heard giggles from my teammates making me smile a little. I grabbed my room key from Jill and going up to my room. When I saw the bed, I couldn't help but fall into it face first on it and let out a sigh of satisfaction then knocking out.

A/n: I hate online classes. The only class I like is Foreign Langauge 1 💁