Chapter 116

A/n: I decided to sit down with my parents and watch a Tagalog telenobela and I forgot how dramatic it was so I suddenly had the urge to do one telenobela-ish chapter... without all the cheating, slapping and hair pulling. So enjoy a dramatic and romantic monologue in this chapter.

Having been back for about a week, I somehow got to focus on training and my family, having no media duties and interviews whatsoever. It was fun while it lasted, but I had to go back to doing interviews.

This one is kind of a special interview though, since it was going to be for a filipino youtuber that my manager thought would be a great opportunity for me to connect with my Pinoy fans. And it was also something that I really wanted to do, Lola was a big fan of this youtuber so when she found out that I was doing this interview, she was over the moon.

I made myself presentable while Christen stayed in the living room since while I was setting everything up, she was already preparing. I opened Isabella’s room to see her wearing her beats while doing homework so I closed the door silently and joined my beautiful wife on the sofa.

"What time will the zoom call start?"

"He texted me a few minutes ago so in 5 minutes."

She nodded and watched me tinker with the lights behind the laptop. This was an interview about our album so Christen and I are the ones going to be interviewed.

The call started and a youtuber named Mimiyuuuh's face popped up.

"Oh my god ang ganda niyo." (Oh my god you guys are beautiful)

I grinned and waved at him, giving him time to kind of adjust.

"Hey, I don't know what you want us to call you...."

"Ay, Mimi nlng po."

I nodded as I leaned back into the couch, wrapping an arm around Christen makimg her lean into me.

"Oh my god you guys are so cute talaga. Ay Ma'am Michelle, nakakaintindi po ba siya ng tagalog?" (Can she understand tagalog?)

"I've been teaching her but don't worry, if she doesn't understand, I'm gonna translate it for her."

"Ay okay po sige, hello po Ma'am Christen."

Christen gave him a grin and waved back. We watched as he gathered his papers where I assume his questions are. We decided to kind of get to know each other more before continuing with the interview.

In the middle of the interview, the topic of telenobelas suddenly popped up.

"I watched Spanish nobelas when I was studying in Stanford but that's a long time ago. I like how dramatic they are."

I nodded my head and chuckled.

"I'm pretty sure sa telenobela nakukuha ni lola mga one liners niya. She's addicted to them. Right now she's watching the shows in ABS so like Probinsyano and stuff." (I'm pretty sure Lola gets her one liners in telenobelas.)

"Ayyy Kardo Dalisay."

"He never seems to die."

"Speaking of Telenobelas, Ma'am Michelle, pwede po bang humingi ng favor? Pwede po ba kayo parang mag kunyare na nasa telenobela kayo ni Ma'am Christen? Kahit isang monologue lang." (Can i ask you a favor? Can you pretend that you and Ma'am Christen are in a telenobela? Just one monologue.)

I looked at Christen, silently asking her permission and she nodded her head.

"I'm okay with it, but Michelle does the monologue."

I playfully rolled my eyes and sighed, nodding my head.

"So what's the scenario?"

"Something cheesy po. Yung nakakaiyak." (something that makes you cry)