Chapter 7

Pinoe and Sue ended up buying large hats and shades as their disguise and some stuff from nike just because.

Once it was around 5:10 we decided that it was time to drive to the school so we could get a nice seat where people won't really disturb us.

We pulled up at the parking lot and went to the field where all eyes were on us. I kept my head down and my sunglasses on as we went to the edge of the bench where no people were seated and I felt Sue and Megan sit on either side of me to kind of block their view on me.

I watched as my daughter warmed up with the rest of her team.

"Where is she? I can't see her."

"Number 22, with the braids."

After a few more minutes, the whistle blew and the match was starting.

The 3 of us cheered for my daughter once the ball landed on her feet and she started charging towards the goal.

"Just like her mama." Pinoe muttered under her breath.

I chuckled as I watched the ball sink into the top left corner of the goal, out of reach for the keeper's touch. We let out a loud cheer and she looked up at us, gave us a huge smile for pointing making me point back and gave her a smirk. I saw a mischievous glint in her hazel eyes as she smirked back.

Oh she's gonna show off.

The game continued on and it wasn't long until the ball once again found my daughter's feet. I watched as she rainbow flicked on top of one of the defenders from the other team and striked it towards the goal.

I shook my head once I saw that she gave a smug look towards the defender.

"And just as cocky as her mom too."

I playfully hit Pinoe's shoulder as we continued watching the game.

"SOMEONE TELL THAT GIRL TO PASS THE FUCKING BALL!!! STOP HOGGING THE BALL!!"

My head snapped at the woman a little over 3 seats away from us. I looked at the field and saw that she was talking about my daughter. I felt Pinoe tense up and I felt her stand up but I just pulled her down.

"Uh.. excuse you? Shut your filthy mouth up, first of all you are at a middle school game, you kiss your daughter with that mouth? And second, you're just jealous cause your daughter is a talentless piece of-"

I quickly pulled Pinoe away and we started walking towards the bench where Isabella sat while drinking her water. I shot the mom the dirtiest glare that i could muster making her shift and avoid my gaze.

I was brought out of my mental murder spree when I felt someone hug me. I looked down and it was Isabella, making me smile and hug her back.

"Mom, you came. Aunt Pinoe, Aunt Sue."

She pulled away and hugged the 2 and we started walking towards the car.

"I hope you don't mind, they wanted to see you play."

"Of course I don't."

I watched as she and Pinoe started walking in front of us, leaving Sue and I behind. We watched the 2 playfully push each other while giggling. I shared a look with Sue and shook my head.

.

It has been 5 days since Izzy's game and I had been thinking things over. I stared at the soccer ball in front of me and I looked at the net that I had Sandy's husband set up in the backyard.

I picked the ball up and started juggling around, smiling at the feeling of the ball on my foot.

I missed this.

I started doing some tricks with the ball before flicking it over my head and striking it to the back of the net, just like what Isabella did during their match a few days ago.

I smiled as I brought both of my hands up as an imaginary celebration.

"It's the first time I saw you play."

I turned around and saw my daughter standing there with an amazed look on her face. Sandra stood there with her arms folded and a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes at her and pulled Isabella into a bear hug.

"You think you got your skill from your father? Hell no. He can't run for shit."

I pulled away and watched her grab the soccer ball.

"How was school kiddo?"

"It was fun, Aunt Sandy and I got ice cream before coming here. Mom, can we play?"

I shrugged and sent her a smirk.

"You think you could handle me?"

"Watch me old lady."

I gasped and started chasing her around.

"You are gonna regret ever calling me that child. Get back here."

.

I was just finishing washing the dishes when my phone rang. I put the last dish on the dryer before going to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"You finally answered."

I looked at the number and saw that it was an unknown number.

"Excuse me, but who is this?"

"Jill Ellis, head coach of the United States Women's National Team."