Chapter 30

October 14, 2018

It's the semi-finals against Jamaica and I am, once again, in the benches. I'm not complaining though, it's always so much fun watching the girls play. 

I zipped up my jacket and tightened my ponytail and huddled with the girls as we talked about tactics. After we did that, Jill called me beside her.

"I need you to prepare I might bring you in at second half."

I nodded my head and jogged back to the bench as I watched the game with my daughter beside me.

During the second half, Moe and Christen came in for JJ and Pinoe. At around the 80th minute, we were up by 5-0 and that's when Jill brought me in for Rose. I saw Jill instruct Tobin to go to midfiled and I take her place up front. I watched Rose jog towards me as they flashed our jersey numbers and I hugged her quickly before going to Tobin's position. I made eye contact with Christen and Alex and we smirked at each other.

In the first 2 minutes that I had been on the field, a lot of shit went down. I watched Alex get pulled down but then on the other side of the field, I saw medic coming their way to the field and I saw one of the Jamiacan players down. I looked around confused as fuck as we watched the replay on the screen and saw that Kelley shoved her from behind and the 16 year old girl landed in a weird angle making me cringe.

Alex then took the pk and it went through making the score 6-0. I gave her a high five before going back to my position. 

When the 89th minute came, Moe and one of the player head butt but since we have already used 3 of our subs, we know we couldn't, so we continued on with the game as Moe went to the locker room. We gave her a hug on her way out of the field and continued on with the game. 

At the end, we won with the score of 8-0 with me adding 2 goals on the 89th and the 92nd minute, both of which were assisted by Christen.  

The whistle blew, signaling the end of the match and I automatically found myself in Christen's arms as we hugged each other. We exchanged huge smiles before I felt Kelley jump on my back and I chuckled when she stayed there, signaling me to start walking.

Once we reached the bench, Isabella jumped on me making me stand there, carrying both the squirell and the Koala.

"You guys are trying to kill me."

They just giggled making me roll my eyes and kiss my daughter's forehead.

"Do I get a forehead kiss too?"

I glared at the defender making her get down from my back and put her hands up in surrender making my daughter laugh and I just shook my head at her. We went and shook hands with the Jamaican team before we went to the locker room.

"WE'RE GOING TO FRANCE BITCHES!!"

We heard Ash scream followed by an 'Ow' then a whine.

"ASHLYN MICHELLE HARRIS THERE IS A CHILD!!"

I chuckled as I sunk myself in the ice bath, with Isabella following in for fun. She sat in the middle of Carli and I with a huge smile on her face making Sam and Sonnett look at her with disbelief.

"I don't understand how you guys like this? This freaking stings what the heck?"

We laughed as we watched Emily try and stop herself from screaming out loud as she sunk her lower half in the freezing water. When the timer went off and we left, going to the locker room to change our clothes. 

Ash, Ali, Pinoe and Tobin are all hanging out in Christen's room with us right now. Ash, Pinoe and I on my bed while Tobin, Ali and Chris on Christen's bed. We were watching friends right now, well all 5 of us were, Christen is on her laptop doing CEO stuff. Not gonna lie her with her glasses on do something to me.