Chapter 119

It's Christmas time and we're just spending it in the apartment while some of our teammates in Manchester United flew home. Personally, I think it's a bad idea but Casey gave them the go and I trust her judgement. I mean, nothing will go wrong if they just follow the rules and social distance.

Still very skeptical though.

We sent put the gifts that we have for our family a week ago so hopefully they get it exactly on Christmas. Our gifts for Dad, Lola, Yeye and Mimi sonce we didn't necessary have to send our gifts to them in the post. We're going to be favetiming with them to see their reaction when they see it.

Last night, we spent our Noche Buena just making gingerbread houses and trying out the hot chocolate bomb so we have a shit ton of those that we might give to our teammates once training starts.

Right now, it's 8 in the morning and Isabella slept with us on our bed because she was cold in her room so all of us are just bundled up in our layers and layers of new blankets. I felt someone nudhe me slightly making me open my eyes only to be met with the hazel eyes of my daughter.

"Mom, can I open presents?"

"You'll have to wait for Mama to wake up bud. You also know that you promised to meditate with her before breakfast."

Izzy nodded and turned to Christen, poking her cheeks.

"Mama, mama. Come on it's 8. You have to wake up."

Emerald eyes made eye contact with me makimg me smile.

"Good morning sleepyhead."

"Good morning my loves. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas Mama, Merry Christmas Mommy, let's go meditate now."

"While you girls do that, I'm going to be cooking breakfast."

I got up first, preparing french toasts, breakfast tacos, poached eggs and I whipped up the cinnamon rolls that we baked a few days ago in the oven to kind of heat it up for 10 minutes.

By the time I finished preparing the breakfast, the both of them were done meditating so we started eating.

"You were able to finish all these in just an hour?"

"What can I say? I'm Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot got nothing on me."

The both of them rolled their eyes making me throw a cinnamon roll at them.

"Hey I cook the food here, for all you know I laced your food with poison so be careful om how you treat me damnn."

Isabella laughed and just ate the roll I threw at her.

"You can't do that Mom, you love us too much."

I playfully rolled my eyes and slumped on my chair.

"I hate that you're right."

"I'm always right Mother."

"You're insufferable little child."

Christen snorted and avoided eye contact with me as she drank her orange juice.

"I wonder where she gets that from."

"You are one second away from sleeping on the couch tonight Press."

She grinned and rested her chin on the palm of her hand.

"You would end up sleeping on the couch with me cause I keep you warm."

I gave them a pout as they started laughing out loud.

"Is this gang up on Michelle day today? What the fuck?"

After an hour of more playful banter, the three of us did a little work put before going to our rooms to change for the present opening.