Chapter 31

October 19, 2018

It's our the final against Canada today and it just so happen to be sister Ashlyn's birthday. I went down to the reception where we will all be meeting the team and jumped on Ash when I saw her since she and Ali went somewhere to celebrate her birthday.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!! YOU FUCKING OLD!!"

She chuckled and spun me around making me squeal. 

"I'm only older than you for a month."

I stuck my tongue out at her and got off of her and it was Isabella's turn to jump on the goalkeeper. 

We are about to board the bus when Jill pulled me aside. Everybody noticed this and they eyed the 2 of us suspiciously but Dawn just ushered them in but you could see their heads popping out of the window.

I decided to ignore them and worked on the breathing exercise Sandra taught me a few years ago to help my anxiety.

"I need to give you something that I thought you need before the we go to the stadium."

I looked down at what Jill was holding and I froze when I saw what it was.

The captain's armband.

I looked at her in disbelief.

"Oh my god, Jill. Are you sure?"

She nodded her head and smiled at me.

"Don't thank me, you deserve it Michelle."

I got it from her hand and pulled her in a hug. We entered the bus and everyone noticed the band that I was holding making them all cheer. I chuckled and plopped myself down on my seat beside Christen, our pinkies immediately interlocking.

"I'm so proud of you Mitch."

I gave her a warm smile.

"Thank you Chris."

I felt someone slap my back making me groan. 

"AYEEE CAPTAIN!!"

I chuckled and shook my head. I couldn't help but grin all the way to the stadium.

I looked at myself in front of the mirror with a huge smile on my face, the band resting on my arm. I was then dragged by Crystal to the middle of the lockerroom and I saw Juie standing there with her phone, ready to take a picture f the both of us. When the girls saw that they started askiing to take pictures with me too, thankfully Christen was there to save me.

"Okay girls, break it up, just take pictures after the finals."

I gave her a thankful smile which she returned. I squeezed her hand as a sign of thanks before we went out to the tunnel since she was also starting with me making me super happy. I was also super fucking happy because they Isabelle be my escort, that just made it 10000 times better.

"We're all back together here huh?"

I looked at Becky, Pinoe and Ash as we pulled each other into a group hug. We did our handshakes and lined up in the tunnel. I was in front of Ash and she squeezed my hand before I held the hand of Isabella and we walked out to the field. It was raining so it was kind of colder than usual.

After the anthems and the pictures, we huddled up and Jill gave the final instructions before she looked at me to say something making me super anxious. 

"I don't know what to say cause I didn't really prepare for this but LET'S GET OUT THERE AND KICK SOME CANADIAN ASS!!"

My teammates cheered, Ash and Pnoe being extra loud making ma laugh.