Chapter 9

"You sure about this?"

We pulled up at the front of the airport.

"You were the one pushing me to do this, going as far as giving Jill my new phone number. Why are you all of a sudden questioning it?"

"I'm just happy that you stopped being a pussy."

I playfully punched her shoulder then pulled her in a hug.

"I had no choice really, it's Isabella's wish."

Sandra turned around and gave my daughter a high five and I just shook my head at them. I opened the car door and helped Izzy out of the back seat and we both went inside security check.

We didn't really get a lot of things because we were just staying at Illinois for two days, only bringing 2 backpacks that we could take with us so we didn't really need to check in any luggage.

I didn't let Jill buy our tickets for the game so I bought it but Jill did say that they had an extra room in the hotel that she could give to Izzy and I so I appreciate it, then we would be flying in with Pinoe and one of her teammates since they were both was going back to Seattle.

"You excited? It's your first time attending a USA game."

I watched her bounce up and down while nodding.

"I'm super excited. I get to see Alex Morgan AND get excused from school."

I chuckled and fixed her hair a little bit.

I called her school beforehand, making sure that she won't miss anything while we were gone, since today is a Thursday and we're staying there until Friday, she's gonna miss 2 days of school. Either way though, whatever they say, I am gonna take my child with me.

"Flight 2317 to Chicago Illinois now boarding."

Izzy and I stood up, making sure we both had our passports, before going to our gate.

Welp... Here goes nothing.

.

We just landed and it's currently 2 in the afternoon but the game isn't until 7:30 so we still had time to kill.

We met up with the driver Jill sent us and we drove off to the hotel near Toyota Park in Bridgeview.

Once we go to the hotel, we went up to the room to put our things down. We then went back out to walk around to see where we could eat before walking around to soak in our surroundings then going back to the hotel.

When we got back to the hotel, we took a shower then changed into something more presentable. I changed into a white hanging sweatshirt and pinkish sweats all from the new RWB capsule of re Inc that Pinoe sent to our house not too long ago and I paired it with white Nikes and Isabella wore her Rapinoe jersey that she tucked in her high waisted jeans.

I braided her hair and I put mine in a ponytail. I handed Isabella her sunglasses while I put mine on top of my head and we headed out to once again meet with the driver to drive us to the stadium.

.

I looked back at our ticket info to make sure we were going to the right seat. Once we found it, we quickly sat down and I kept my head down while Isabella was busy taking pictures.

"Your first time to a soccer match?"

I looked up and saw that it was just a girl I do not recognize, a fan maybe, in a Press jersey. I nodded my head and chuckled.

"I mean, you could say that."

It's not a lie though, it's my first time watching at the stands, usually I'm on the field.

"MOMMY MOMMY LOOK!! PINOE!!"

I watched as the teams walked out from the tunnel and do their thing. I could see Megan constantly searching the stands making me smirk. Once she spotted me, she jumped on Becky and Ashlyn, making the two girls looking at the forward like she was crazy and continued on with what they were doing.

I took my attention off of the field and looked at my daughter. She was glowing of happiness and her eyes were just looking at everything on the field.

"Who do you wanna take a picture with after the game?"

"Aunt Pinoe for sure, then Alex and maybe Tobin and Christen."

I looked at her confused.

"Christen?"

She gasped and looked at me like I was crazy.

"You don't know Christen? THE Christen Press?"

I just shook my head and pretended like I just forgot who she was but in reality, I don't really know.

"Oh, I just know her by her last name, I forgot her first name was Christen."

I quickly looked at the field and scanned it, looking for the word Press. Once my eyes landed on the USA bench, I finally saw what I was looking for.

Oh, so she's Christen. I saw one of the games she was in not so long ago and she has skills, and not to mention she is super attractive. I mean what?

I quickly looked away from the forward and watched the game.

.

The game finally finished and I miss the adrenaline of watching the game live. We watched as Davidson accidentally put a goal on Brazil's goal on the 16th minute (not gonna lie, that made me giggle but also made my head ache a little), but USA got back up with 4 goals from Lavelle, Ertz, Heath and Morgan.

It was then time to meet the team.

I showed my pass to the guard before going to Jill. She and her assistant coach were the only ones by the bench since the girls were at the locker room.

The first one that noticed us was her assistant so she pointed at us and Jill turned. Once she saw me, she smiled.

"Hey, I'm Jill Ellis and this is my assistant coach, Dawn."

I shook both of their hands and smiled.

"Hey, I'm Michelle Martins, and this is my daughter Isabella. I believe that we have a contract to discuss?"