Chapter 70

We are back at camp in San Jose, California and we're doing media day for the world cup. Doing this just makes everything seem so real.

I went inside the filming room and sat on the chair. I smiled at people behind the camera as they handed me the photo album Lola shipped to me.

"I better take care of these pictures or else my grandma would literally kill me."

The people around chuckled while I started arranging the pictures. Once I was done I looked up at the camera and smiled.

"My name is Michelle Martins and this is my story."

I let out a deep breath and looked up in thought.

"Uh.. where do I start?"

I clapped my hands and faced forwards, as they panned to the pictures.

"Okay let's start from the beginning. I grew up concentrating on the arts, I started dancing at the age of 2 and playing the piano at the age of 3. My parents were never really fond of sports and the only reason they allowed me to continue swimming is because of all the medals that I receive in every event and they had no problems with gymnastics and figure skating because well... yeah."

They panned to the pictures of me in my tutu and doing gymnastics and figure skating making me cringe.

"Yeah, kinda lost my touch on both not gonna lie."

"When I was 7 years old, my love for football started. I was in Spain for the holidays since my grandparents used to live there. Abuelo and I were just taking a stroll at the park when we saw a bunch of women kicking around a soccer ball and accidentally passed it to me. I guess they saw that I was interested so they called me over to play with them and that's when I fell in love with the sport."

They showed a picture of Abuelo and I kicking the soccer ball at the park making me smile.

"My grandparents were my biggest supporters. I remember my Lola trying to convince my parents to let me join a club team but they protested because they claimed it was a waste of money, so my Lola and Abuelo payed the fees and Lola drove me from Lima to Cincinnati every weekends just for trainings and tournaments because we can't find any legible club teams in Lima. But when she left to go back to Spain, my driver started doing it. Yeye bought me my first net and soccer ball and Mimi bought me the gear. We eventually convinced my parents to kind of tolerate soccer when our team started winning medals and trophies."

I rolled my eyes but kept the small smile on my face as I stared at the pictures of little ol' me with the people who were there since day 1. The next picture they showed was a picture of me holding up a yakult and some crackers. The grin on my face widened.

"They used to call me yakult back then because that was the drink Lola always packed for me for practice. It was always yakult and some crackers, every single time. Some things never change. Yakult if you're seeing this, hit me up. Just kidding, but I mean-"

I looked at the camera suggestively as I wiggled my eyebrows. They showed me pictures of me playing at Stanford then pictures of Isabella when she was just born making me smile.

"That's my lovely lovely daughter, Isabella. She makes my world go round and the reason why I am here right now, part of the world cup roster, no joke. She had one wish where she could wish for anything her now 12 year old heart desires. That was the condition I gave her if she continues to get straights As. It was a no take back thing so I adviced her to really realllyyyy think about it because once she uses it up, she has to wait until the end of middle school to get another one."

They showed a picture of Isabella and I during one of the dance studio sessions I was having. She was just 5 during that time and the pictures slowly progressed to the present.

"She saw me pancing in the kitchen after Jill called me asking if I could join camp for the CONCACAF Tournament. I told her about the call and  about how unsure I was because I was already making decisions for 2 people, whatever I choose affects not only me, but her too. I didn't want to be away from her for long periods of time but she used her wish on me. She told me to accept it and that's when I knew I did a good job at raising her, if I do say so myself."

I gave the camera a cheeky wink causing the people to laugh behind the camera.

"And now here I am, sharing the pitch with my 22 instant best friends, ready to tear up the field in France."

.

I stood beside Christen as we watched the rest of the 23 stories. I saw the blush on Tierna's face after we watched hers because she just admitted on having Kelley and I's jersey making me coo at the youngest player on the tea.

"Awe baby T, that's so cute."

I leaned closer to my girlfriemd to whisper in her ear.

"Looks like you're not the only one who has my jersey honey."

She playfully pished me as a blush crept on her gpface making me laugh. I pulled her closer and just nuzzled my head in between the crook of her neck.

"You're adorable."

She faced me with a smile before kissing my forehead making me grin. We felt a pillow bing thrown at us but I grabbed it and threw it back at Ash, hard.

"Damn those pitcher arms."

"Softball for 3 years baby."

I stuck my tongue out at the goalkeeper as I pulled my girlfriend closer to me, swaying the both of us back and forth. I felt her intertwine our fingers together as we continued watching the rest of the videos.

We went back up to our rooms after we had dinner and Christen and I exchanged pictures as we looked at each other's pictures with a grin.

"You were so cute honey."

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Were? Am I not cute now?"

She grinned and kissed the tip of my nose as I scrunched it up.

"Adorable."

There was a knock on the door so I got up with a groan only to see that it was Tobin, Pinoe, Ash, Ali, Allie, Alex, Kelley, Sonnett, Lindsey and Becky, half of them holding up their switches. So, basically half of the team are here.

"We got you one too, let's play."

"Y'all be broke and buying me stuff? I feel honored."

They went inside and gently pushed me aside.

"Come on, so we could teach you how to play and I could crush all of you at Mario Kart."

"Shut it Harry."

"Make me... Harry."

"Oh it's on."

I watched the 2 Harrys give each other stink eye before sitting on the floor and playing. Sonnett and Lindsey sat beside them, Linds snacking on her 5th cup of yogurt. Becky went towards me and handed me a switch

"Looks like I'm the one teaching you."

I grinned and grabbed it from her, plopping down on the bed that we don't use since Chris and I share a bed anyway. I bounced up and down in excitement as I waited for the defender to sit beside me.

I saw Christen glance at me from my side vision shaking her head.

"This seems like a very bad idea."

I gave her a cheeky grin before concentrating on how to work the controls.

A/n: They are slowly introducing Mitch to other forms of technology LMAOOO let's just hope she doesn't smash this one with a hammer.