𝟓𝟗. "𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞"

We got to the cemetery. 

Jeremiah was unbelievably anxious. I carefully grabbed his hand. He looked at me with wide eyes. I sent him a small smile. Bruce walked in front of us, trying to reach his butler on the phone, but Alfred wasn't picking up.

"Still no answer." Bruce sighed. Jeremiah stopped suddenly.

"Then something's wrong..." He muttered anxiously and squeezed my hand.

"...We should go." He tried to pull me away.

"Miah, It's ok." I stood my ground. He looked at me with teary eyes.

"He was on his way to your office..." Bruce said, making both of us turn to him.

"...He'll wait for us there." He continued heading towards Jerome's grave.

"Come on." I said and followed Bruce, pulling Jeremiah along. But then he heard a noise and froze.

"What was that?" 

I sighed quietly and let go of his hand. He frowned. I stepped in front of him and cupped his face. His eyes widened and his breath hitched.

"Jeremiah, listen. After you left the circus, I had to start working there. I know how to fight, I can protect you in case anything happens..." I reassured him. Then I took a step back and extended my arms.

"...Even though I might not look it." I grinned. He smiled softly. I chuckled, grabbed his hand and continued pulling him behind me.

"Grace w-wait." He mumbled and stopped me again. Bruce turned to us. I took a deep breath. 

What to do? Oh! I know. I jumped back and extended my arms in the air. Jeremiah flinched with surprise.

"Lookit." I grinned widely. Bruce and him looked at me confused.

I swiftly took out my dagger did a trick with it. Jeremiah smiled weakly. Then I put it in between my teeth and scanned the graveyard for a tree. 

I noticed one and positioned myself in front of it. I quickly performed a flic-flac and threw the knife, hitting the tree perfectly. 

I turned to Bruce and bowed deeply. Then I repeated the same with Jeremiah. He was staring at me with slightly wide eyes. I giggled and took my knife out of the tree.

"Come on, Miah." I grinned, came back to him and pulled him along once again.

We finally got to the proper spot, only there wasn't a grave there. Just a big hole. My eyes widened. Fuck. I completely forgot about this. Bruce walked over to the pit.

"His followers must've dug him up." He deduced and looked around.

"He's alive. I knew it." Jeremiah murmured. 

"We have to get out of here." Bruce blurted out. Jeremiah abruptly yanked his hand out of my hold.

"He's alive!" He panicked and bolted.

"Jeremiah!" Bruce and I both yelled and ran after him. He was unbelievably fast and while wearing a tight suit.

"Miah, stop!" I shouted.

He ran into a mausoleum. We quickly followed him inside. It was incredibly eery there. Just dead flowers and coffins. Brilliant. Bruce and I glanced at each other worried.

"Jeremiah!..." Bruce yelled.

"...We need to leave! It's not safe!"

"Believe me now!?..." Jeremiah's voice resonated from somewhere.