𝟗𝟒. "𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐊𝐲𝐥𝐞"

"What the fuck?" Jerome groaned with irritation. I sighed, grabbed the phone from the night table and picked up.

"Hello?" I yawned.

"Grace?" I heard Bruce's voice, and I immediately shot up.

"U-um, um, uh..." I started muttering and glanced at Jerome. He was staring at me with narrowed eyes.

"I'm sorry for calling so late, but I need your help." Wayne declared.

"Uh..." I rubbed my face.

"Is Jerome there?" He sighed.

"Y-yeah." I muttered.

"Grace, who's that?" Jerome asked suspiciously. I swallowed heavily.

"N-no one." I mumbled and shook my head. His eyes narrowed even more, and he quickly sat up.

"Grace." He growled.

"B-Bruce." I squeaked. His eyebrows shot up.

"What happened? What do you need my help?" I asked the boy. The ginger did not look happy.

"You're aware that Selina has been shot. She paraplegic. She tried to kill herself. I need to get her help, and I heard you have magic now. You're the best person to help me with what I need to do." He told me. I pushed my fingers in my curls, unsure of what to do.

"You told me you'll do anything to help me. I need you now." He reminded me.

"Bruce, I want to help, but..." I trailed off. Jerome wasn't moving at all.

"Jerome won't let me." I muttered. He frowned deeply.

"Try. Please." Bruce pleaded.

"I'll call you right back." I blurted out and hung up. Jerome didn't say anything.

"I-"

"Go." He said plainly.

"W-what?" I mumbled with pure shock. He took a deep breath.

"I'm not going to keep you from doing anything. I want to go with you, but we both know that won't work in this case..." He paused and shut his eyes.

"Besides, I won't be useful to you, anyway." He muttered dejectedly. I sighed, crawled over to him and cupped his face. 

"I want you to go too. But, well..." I grimaced.

"Yeah." He groaned.

I swiftly pressed my lips to his. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

"I'll be back so soon." I breathed into the kiss.

"You better." He mumbled and moved his affections to my cheeks and jaw.

***

I got dressed in the grey tight glen-plaid trousers so that I could wear the thigh holster. I also picked out the white shirt Jerome wore during our wedding ceremony and my grey coat.

Bruce told me to meet him in front of Robinson's park, so I'm obviously already aware of who's help he's seeking. I certainly did not tell Jerome about Ivy. Or Bruce for that matter.

I stopped the car in the same spot as last time and jumped out. It was around 4 A.M., so Ivy's garden looked absolutely terrifying.

"Grace?" I heard suddenly, and I winced with surprise.

"I'm sorry. It's just me." Bruce extended his arms to calm me.

"It's ok. I'm fine. Let's go." I muttered. He nodded, and we both headed to the covered in ivies gate.