𝟏𝟏. "𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐝𝐬"

I woke up tangled in a blanket and gracelessly stretched out on my couch. I carefully rubbed my eyes to get rid of the disgusting amount of goo in them and sat up. For a brief moment, I forgot what had happened earlier, but then it hit me like a train, and I instantly shot up. I glanced at the clock hanging over my TV to check the time, and my eyes widened a little when I saw it was 9 PM. I slept for nearly four hours. I shook my head to help myself wake up and looked around in search of my phone.

As soon as I noticed it on the carpet, I slid down to the floor and checked whether Jerome had written me anything. When I saw that he didn't, I set the mobile aside, carefully reached for the see-through mug filled with the cold tea I was supposed to drink hours ago and started tensely sipping it. The chaos coming in through my window made me feel strangely calm. The thought that everything was the same as it was every day brought me comfort, and I was in great need of it at that moment.

I slowly drank my tea and tried my absolute best to distract myself from the fact that my boyfriend had murdered two people. But then I realised the turmoil going on outside was way worse than usual. I quickly stood up, walked over to the window next to my door and peeked through the curtain. My eyes widened when I was people rushing out of the main tent and the GCPD cuffing Graysons and Lloyds and forcing them into police cars. They must've been fighting again. Although, the police never got involved.

Too bad Jerome and I couldn't be there for it. The ginger always loved to see their feud in action. I sighed softly at the thought of him, glanced at his trailer and saw Monroe pace toward it with a young couple alongside him. My eyebrows creased with worry, and my grip on my mug tightened slightly. Monroe knocked on Jerome's door, and after just a few seconds, the ginger stuck his head outside. Out of habit, his eyes darted to my trailer for a split second, but then he promptly turned his gaze to the man.

"GCPD. We need to speak with Lila." The policeman told him. I gasped and accidentally let my mug fall out of my hand and shatter on the floor.

Jerome P.O.V.

I was without Grey for what felt like an eternity, and I was slowly losing my mind without her. I hated not knowing exactly how she was feeling and what she was thinking. I barely held myself back from going to see her. To keep my mind focused on anything but the frustrating silence, I started imagining in my head the worst outcome and the best one of what could happen if I went to her.

The worst would be that she would break up with me on the spot and run away from me, and the best would be that she would promise to never leave me like she did earlier. But I was a coward, terrified of the answer, so I just stayed hunched over on my couch. Of course, there was also the perfect scenario. One where she would come to me, jump on me, thankful for saving her, and beg me to take her to bed. But that was only ever going to happen in my fantasies.

I was in the middle of weighing up whether I should text her a joke or maybe a confession of my undying love when suddenly I heard a knock. I instantly scrambled to my feet, leapt over to the door and opened it. It wasn't Grey. I tried my best to not show any disappointment on my face, but my eyes instinctively flicked to her home. I couldn't help it since it was the first thing I looked at every morning after I went outside.

"GCPD." An annoyingly commanding voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I quickly turned my gaze to the cop.

"We need to speak with Lila." He told me.

"She's not here." I said, blindly grabbed something from the coat rack and quickly stepped to the ground.

"Why? What's happened?" I mumbled with feigned concern and shut the door behind me.