𝟔𝟗. "𝐎𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲!"

"Remember when I said I wanted a small place?" I asked Jerome and looked up at him. Then I carefully started tracing my finger on the scar under his chin.

"Yeah." He smiled softly and closed his eyes with contentment.

"Well, I didn't mean this. I hate this miserable hole with every ounce of my being." I groaned and looked around at the gloomy flat.

"What would you like then? A mansion? A house? A bigger apartment? A lair?-"

"A lair?" I chuckled.

"Whatever you want. I'll take care of it." He pushed his fingers in my curls and started stroking them lovingly.

"Well, about that. What do you want to do?" I asked. He hummed quietly.

"Oh, nothing in particular. Brucey-" My eyes widened and I immediately shot up.

"Don't you dare even think about it." I growled furiously and whacked his chest. He chuckled, opened his eyes and sat up.

"Kidding, Gorgeous." He grinned widely, quickly placed his hands on my waist and pulled me to his chest.

"We could kill my brother." He proposed casually with a shrug. I giggled.

"Don't pretend to be all poised. I know you want to rip that bastard's heart out." I grinned widely. He nodded his head slowly.

"And shove it up his-" He made an obscene gesture. I swiftly covered my eyes.

"Ok! I got it!" I exclaimed. He giggled and snaked his arms around my waist again.

"Adorable." He declared merrily.

I uncovered my eyes and placed my hands on the back of his neck, grazing it gently with my nails. He smiled at it and kissed my cheek.

"Well, is there something you want to do?" He asked, joking aside. I thought for a second.

The only thing I want to do is something I have no chance of doing while I'm with Jerome. So there is no point in talking to him about it.

"Yeah, better not to think about that." I shook my head.

"What, is it bad?" He grinned sinisterly.

"Let's drop it." I pulled my mouth in a straight line and patted his chest.

I can't tell him that I would like to help the people still trapped around the city. I honestly don't want to see his reaction to it.

"All right..." He frowned slightly.

"Then what are we going to do?" He asked. I looked out the window and thought for a second.

We need a place to live in. We definitely can't stay here. People will be coming here for refuge. Jerome can't be here. Barbara's territory is off-limits for him. Maybe Oswald's?

Yes. That's our best shot.

But there is no power. Although maybe I can get our followers to steal one of Jeremiah's bombs and I could turn it back into an engine.

I saw the blueprints for it. I'm pretty sure I can do it. My contemplating was abruptly interrupted by knocking.

"Grace?"

I quickly wiggled out of Jerome's clutches, walked over to the door and opened it. Tom was standing there with a huge smile plastered on his face. Also a duffle bag, no doubt filled with weapons.

"Hi, Tom. Come in." I smiled softly and gestured for him to come inside.

He quickly obliged. Then his eyes widened at something. My eyebrows furrowed with confusion and I followed his shocked stare. Jerome was standing tall next to the couch.