𝟐𝟒. "𝐏𝐚𝐮𝐥 𝐂𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐨"

Jerome P.O.V.

"I know, Gorgeous. Please, just hold on." I mumbled and kissed her forehead, but she closed her eyes again.

"Grey?" I whispered in a panic.

I can't lose her.

I won't.

When I saw the car in the distance, I sprinted in its direction. Barbara suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and her eyes widened when she saw Grey bleeding out in my arms.

"What the fuck happened?" She snapped and opened the door for me. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you think happened? She's been shot." I growled at her and gently placed Grey in the car.

Barbie kept screaming some shit at me, but I wasn't listening. I only cared about Grace. I quickly sat down next to her and carefully pulled her on my lap. She squeaked softly.

"Shhh." I shushed her gently and kissed her head. Then I noticed the car wasn't starting.

"Would someone please drive the fucking car?! She's dying!" As soon as I yelled that, I felt my heart sink in my chest.

No.

She's not dying.

She can't be dying.

Barbara and Aaron got into the car, and it finally started. But it was going so fucking slow, I almost jumped out of my skin.

"I'm going to kill you and your children and all your future grandchildren if you don't speed up." I growled at the driver.

I could see his eyes widen in the rearview mirror. Then he immediately pressed his foot firmly on the gas pedal.

"Ginger, be nice." Grace croaked out. My head snapped towards her.

She was staring at me with her beautiful grey eyes, but her eyelids kept twitching. I felt tears come to my eyes. Her eyebrows creased, and she blinked a few times.

"Why are you sad?" She muttered. I shook my head and placed my hand on her cheek.

She gently snuggled into it. Tears immediately started rushing down my face. Aaron and Barbara were both looking at me, but I could care less.

"H-hey, don't cry, Honey." She whispered. My heart stung like hell.

"I-I'll be fine. It's your birthday in a few days, and I have a gift for you. I think you'll love it." She smiled weakly. It took all I had in me to stop crying and smile back at her.

"I'm sure I will." I chuckled softly, leaned down and pecked her cheek.

But she didn't blush like she usually would since too much blood left her body already. I felt more tears coming on, but I held them back. I didn't want her to worry. Her eyes closed again, and I lost it.

"H-hey, why don't you tell me about that gift? Some hints, h-huh?" I blurted out and started stroking her soft curls.

"N-no w-way. You know I c-can't do that." She barely stuttered out.

I was trying my absolute best to stay calm, but it was fucking hard. I never had an issue with keeping it together, but with Grace slowly dying in my arms, it proved really fucking difficult.

"How about we make it a team game, huh? We'll all play, right?" I forced a grin and looked at Aaron and Barbie. They were just staring at us with wide eyes.

"Right?" I gritted through my teeth and glared at them with pure hatred.

"Yes, o-of course." Barbie uttered at lightning speed.