𝟑𝟖. "𝐎𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐭"

I sat on Jerome's desk in my underwear and attempted to turn my prison dress into a jumpsuit. After I finally finished the last stitching, I jumped to the floor, put it on and cleared my throat. He glanced at me over his dagger, and his eyebrows creased.

"Why is that so short? I can almost see your knees." He squinted suspiciously.

"Yes, and we all know how sexy my knees are. Men usually ogle just that." I chuckled and petted the jumpsuit to straighten it out.

"Why is it so short?" He repeated. I sighed.

"It's short because I want it that way, and even if I wanted to wear a miniskirt, you would have diddly-squat say in it."

"You try that. I'll cuff you to the bed." He threatened. I snorted with laughter.

"It looks the same to me." He muttered and shrugged.

"You just said it was short."

"Yeah, and you took in the waist." He accused and got up from the bed.

"You sit." I ordered him. He narrowed his eyes at me but plopped down on the mattress anyway.

"I had to take it in to give it shape."

"Why do you need shape?"

"Sometimes, I think you get more and more stupid every single day." I sighed deeply. He glared at me and hurled a pillow in my direction. I caught it and chuckled softly.

"Jerome, why the hell are we still here?" I asked curiously and threw the cushion back on the bed.

"Whatever do you mean? This is a prison, isn't it?" He shrugged and got back to twiddling with the knife. I rolled my eyes and pulled on a pair of white socks.

"You have a young lady in your cell, and you're playing with a knife. I would say this is not a very good prison." I sneered. He snorted with laughter and nodded.

"You could leave anytime. Why are you still here?" I questioned. He looked at me with creased eyebrows.

"We." He said plainly.

"What?" I frowned with confusion.

"We could leave anytime. You're leaving with me." He noted. I smiled weakly.

"Yes. That goes without saying, but you know what I mean." I tilted my head. He took a deep breath, laid on his back and started staring at the ceiling.

"I have a few things I need to take care of before we..." He raised his eyebrows at me. I chuckled.

"Can leave." He grinned and closed his eyes.

"You're planning something without me?"

"Maybe." He croaked out with a smile.

"Well, that's a stupid idea." I scoffed. He opened his eyes and glared at me. I giggled and quickly walked up to the bed.

"Tell me." I demanded and crossed my arms on my chest. He closed his eyes again.

"Eh, no." He grinned and shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him and sat on his hips. He immediately gripped mine.

"Jerome, Sweetie, I love you, but you're not the best at thinking things through." I sighed. He ignored me and kept his eyes closed.

"Come on. I want to help. And my wits are the only thing I have going on for me."

"It's not the only thing you've got going on." He purred with a smile. I blushed madly and smacked his chest. He giggled.

"Well, fine. Next time we need to persuade someone to do something, I'll just strip for them." I shrugged. His eyes popped open at once, and he glared at me.