𝟖𝟖. "𝐃𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲"

I put on a grey gingham pyjama set, consisting of a pair of shorts and a button-up shirt. My curls were dry by now, but since I didn't have a chance to brush them, they were a complete mess.

Jerome got dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and a black tank top. He was still lost deep in thought. I swallowed heavily and quickly headed to the door.

"Grace." He growled, immediately caught up to me and pulled me up, holding me bridal style.

"Why do you insist on staying with me, if you need some time to think through what I said?" I sighed with frustration. Then it hit me, and my face fell.

"Jerome, are you afraid I'm going to leave?" I frowned deeply.

His eyes flicked to me for a second. The look in them was more than enough for me.

"Put me down." I growled. His hold tightened.

"I said, put me down." I gritted through my teeth and jerked my body.

"No." He shook his head. I felt absolute rage erupt inside me.

"I can't believe you would think that!" I yelled furiously. He flinched with surprise, and his eyes widened a bit.

"I married you yesterday, you idiot!" I whacked his shoulder.

"It's the first day of our goddamned marriage, and you think I'm going to leave! Let me go, you twit!" I started smacking his bicep.

"No, no, no, no, no. I'm sorry." He blurted out and squeezed me so that I couldn't hit him anymore.

"You know, maybe I should leave. Maybe there is someone out there who will believe that I love them. You clearly can't do that." I growled viciously and kept squirming.

"P-please, don't say things like that. I know you love me, and I know you won't leave me. I just don't want to be away from you. Let's go to the library. You'll read, and I'll think, ok? Please, Gorgeous." He mumbled into my curls. I took a deep breath and stopped struggling.

"Fine." I grumbled.

He loosened his grip a bit and looked at me. I turned my gaze away from him. He leaned down but froze right next to my face.

"Can I kiss you?" He muttered. My eyebrows shot up.

"Since when do you ask me that?" I frowned with sheer confusion.

"U-um, w-well-"

"Oh, just shut up." I groaned, cupped his face and pressed my lips to his.

"I love you." He mumbled into the kiss. I chuckled softly.

"I love you too, you dummy."

***

I carefully sat on the couch, grabbed the first book from the Harry Potter series and started reading. Jerome sat on the chair in the other corner of the room. He was still in a daze.

After a while, I got to the chapter about Herbology. I wonder if I could grow any of these things. I could definitely try. 

"Why were you so scared when I tried to cover your eyes?" Jerome asked suddenly, successfully snapping me out of my thoughts. I frowned a bit.

"U-uh, I don't like the darkness." I lied and nestled deeper into the couch.

"You're lying." He declared. I swallowed heavily.

"I-I'm not." I mumbled and tried to retreat even deeper into the leather.

"Do you really think I don't know when you're lying?" He sighed.