Chapter 33

"So," Robin started quietly as they grew closer to her room. "How are you both going to get me out tonight?"

"I'll tell you more in your cell, but it'll be tonight, we're sure of it." Lychee told her softly as they walked, the tap of their talons and the clinking of Robin's golden chains.

After what felt like an endless stretch of silence, the trio came up upon the tree-stuff door that lead to her room, or for a better choice of words, her cage.

Sunflower went ahead of them, moving quickly as she reached up to her neck and pulled on something. Robin watched as the HiveWing pulled out a key that was attached to a necklace. Robin didn't even notice it was there, probably because it was hidden beneath the golden armour Sunflower wore.

The pale and rich golden yellow coloured HiveWing put the key within the lock upon the door, listening for a click before she opened it for Lychee and Robin.

"I'll keep watch while you both chat."

Lychee took the lead as Tobin followed behind him into the room. She watched as Lychee turned to look back at Sunflower, giving the other HiveWing a thankful smile. "Thanks Sunflower, I don't know how I'll ever repay you."

"You can repay me by taking me where ever you both will be going. It's a little boring being a soldier, you both are the first real fun I've had in a while."

Lychee seemed to pause for a few moments before letting out a huff, giving her one final smile as he spoke "We'll see about that."

Sunflower gave him a smirk in response before she closed the door behind the two dragons, hiding them from any prying eyes that could be lingering within the hive. The way they were talking reminds me of me and Cacti, how we would talk to one another, Robin thought with a twitch of her tail that she kept close to her body in order to give Lychee more room within the small space.

The room was lit with a darkening orange glow as the sun was settling down within the horizon, it's warm orange glow fading as it slowly dipped itself down behind the distant hives that looked like large and looming shadows that grew darker with the setting sun, outlining themselves in its warm colour.

"Did....did you and Sunflower come up with a plan to get me out tonight?" Robin turned her attrition away from the setting sun and over towards the splotchy green HiveWing across from her. She couldn't help but feel hopeful. She'd possibly be getting out tonight and the thought along made her heartbeat quicken.

"We've got a rough one, but I'm sure it'll work. We'll wait tonight, when the moons are at their peak. Sunflower and I will come to get you, telling the night guards that their schedule has changed and then boom!" Lychee clapped his talons. "We'll be out, you'll be free again. I'll get you back to the others and we can keep you safe...and take you home."

Take me home, the words rang like an echo throughout Robin's mind. I'll be able to go home.

"We need to go find the others too."

"Cavansite, Cinnabar, Thorn and Caterpillar should all still be in the pit, we can go search for them an-"

"No." Robin interrupted the green HiveWing with a shake of her head. "I mean the others, my friends that I came to Pantala with and got separated from. I know where they are, we just need to find them again. Thorn would know the way back to where they are."

"Right," Lychee gave her a nod with a soft smile. "We'll go to get them too, but we'll focus on that when the times comes and you're outta here."

The hybrid dragonet nodded her head as a calming silence over took the two for a few moments, though it didn't last long.