Chapter 16

Robin was practically racing within the hive with Cinnabar and Lychee following after her and constantly remind her that she needed to keep close, but she couldn't help it! Everything was new and she's never seen this place before.

The hive almost seemed to glow a warm yellow win shades of brown and orange blended in. The walls looked like large honeycombs. She could see HiveWings bustling around everywhere. Either leaving the combs on the towering walls, which she guessed was where they lived since she could also see dragonets following after some of the adults.

Stands and stalls lined the pathways around the hive with mostly HiveWing's running them, with a few SilkWing's here and there.

"This is so cool!" Robin exclaimed with a smile as she forced herself to slow down in order to walk by Lychee and Carvansite, her excitement clear as day on her face as her ears were perked up to listen to everything going on around her, a smile on her face and her golden yellow eyes wide in awe.

"How many hives are there?" She asked as she looked back at he two adults following behind her, keeping a watchful eye to make sure she didn't get into trouble.

"There's nine hives, all with silk made connected pathways for wingless dragonets to travel across them if needed without being carried by another dragon." Lychee told her as they walked along the pathway made between stalls.

Robin had to avoid walking into anyone and as they kept walking, Robin noticed how the HiveWing's didn't even try to not bump into anyone, the SilkWing's were the ones moving out of the way.

Why aren't they moving out of the way too? She wondered with a tilt of her head. She stopped in her tracks to watch a HiveWing force her way between two SilkWing's as she walked down the pathway, looking annoyed and stuck up. She looks mean, she thought with a huff as she watched the HiveWing continue on her way.

"How about we go get some honey drops?" Cavansite spoke up softly, almost as though he were nervous.

When Robin looked back at him, her mouth ajar to ask what a honey drop was, she caught the SilkWing's gaze looking nervously at something to their right. Her mouth closed as she followed his gaze to see several HiveWing's in golden spiky armour with splashes of red on them. They had log spears with jagged tips that look like the claws of an IceWing.

Some of the soldiers were keeping a watchful eye on everyone within the hive, their black eyes gleaming from the golden yellow light that came from the hanging touch like things, which Lychee informed her that they were called Flamesilk lanterns.

While other soldiers had their gleaming back eyes in them and it made a shiver run up along Robin's spine as though she were looking within the eyes of a dragon viper. A snake with a bite so venomous it could kill a fully grown dragon within minutes.

She looked back over towards Cavansite and Lychee, the two looked to be attempting to ignore the prying eyes that watched them as Cavansite took the lead of the group. Supposedly leading them to where you could get honey drops.

"What are they watching us?" Robin asked quietly. She didn't like acting so quiet and feeling this way, feeling nervous as though she were being hunted. It didn't feel normal for her and it was a feeling she didn't like in the slightest.

"I don't know for sure," Lychee hummed quietly as he picked up the pace slightly to he blocked the view of the HiveWings so they'd have a hard time spotting Robin if they were watching her. "I wish I did though."

Were they watching me? She wondered within her head as she kept up with the SilkWing and odd green HiveWing.

That was one thing Robin noticed as she wandered around the hive with the two dragons. Every other HiveWing was often various shades of yellow, orange and red with black stripes like that of a bee or other insects similar to bees. Some HiveWing's were even black with few yellow, orange or red stripes! But there weren't any other green HiveWings, it was almost as though Lychee was the only one within this hive to have such scales.