Chapter 25

An eclipse.

The words seemingly rang throughout Robin's mind as she looked up at the bloody red sky with the three shadowed moons that looked right back at her with their dark and haunting glares that felt as though they pierced right through her soul.

"It's an eclipse." The hybrid dragonet spoke up after a few moments of silence that seemed to stretch out for an eternity.

"A what?" Thorn was pulled out of his trance in order to look over at Robin who was still gazing up at the three black moons, one of which blocked the sun from view, creating a golden ring around it.

"My grandfather read to me about an eclipse that happened a long time ago. He said it turned the sky and everything around it red with one of the moons blocking the sun," she started, pulling her golden gaze away from the beautiful yet scary sight within the blood red sky. "But I thought it only was with one moon, not three."

"Are they bad? They have to be bad! Is something awful going to happen?!"

"Nothings going to happen!"

"How do you know?!"

"I just do!" She exclaimed with a flutter of her wings, trying to calm herself down as her heart pounded nervously within her chest. Nothing is going to happen, we're going to be just fine, she told herself as she took in a deep breath to help calm herself down. "Nothing bad happened in the scroll my grandfather read to me, it just scared dragons into doing stupid things. As long as we don't do stupid things, we're fine."

"What do you mean by stupid things?" Thorn questioned with a quiver of his wings.

"Like, arguing with one another, thinking another tribe cursed the sky."

"Cured the sky?! How can another tribe curse the sky?!"

Maybe she shouldn't have said that. Robin winced slightly and before she could respond, there was a buzzing found that filled the air, one that was all to familiar.

HiveWings.

And by the sounds of it, a whole swarm of them were coming.

Thorn must've hear it to because his eyes widened in fear. "We need to go!"

The two dragonets were quick to get up the side of the small cliff ledge along the beach, looking out into the distance of the dry savanna. Not an animal could be seen. But soon, they did see life. The swarm of HiveWings.

The swarm of dragons seemed to be heading towards where Robin and Thorn were going to head back too. The Poison Jungle.

"They're heading towards home." Thorn whispered, his voice shaking slightly.

"Which means we can't go home." Robin huffed with a flick of her tail as the two dragonets huddled in the grass. She turned her gaze away from the swarm of buzzing dragons in order to look off to one of the hives within the distance. Just looking at it made her feel something tugging at her heart.

"Robin."

"Hm?" Her ears perked up as she looked back over towards the LeafWing dragonet who was giving a her a knowing, and kind, look.

"You're staring off at the hives again."

"I know." She tore her gaze away from his in order to look back off to the hive within the distance, listening to the buzz of HiveWing wings that filled the air like a swarm of buzzing bees. "I just......want to let them know I'm okay. They have to be worried about me. They're the ones who've taken care of me since I first got here to Pantala."

"Cinnabar, Cavansite, Caterpillar and Lychee, right?"

Robin just silently nodded with a twitch of her wings. They itched with the urge to shoot off into the air and fly towards the hives, to find the dragons who cared for her as though they were her family. They saw her as one of their own, unlike the LeafWing's who seemed to look at Robin and her friends like they were un-natural, a mysterious creature.