Chapter 4

Robin opened her tired eyes as she let out a yawn. The room The was in was dark, the sun not even having risen yet from its resting place beyond the horizon.

Why'd I have to wake up before sunrise, she groaned as she sighed her face between her talons and into the soft fabric and pelts below her. She felt something shuffle beside her and when she lifted up her face to look, she saw Python fast asleep beside her.

Her cousin was laying on his side, curled up beside her with his wings wrapped tightly around him like a blanket. It almost seemed as though he were trying to make himself smaller than he actually was.

She could see his tail twitching slightly as well as his ears flicking. Robin could hear him mumbling but she couldn't understand the slurred words flowing from the SandWing's jaws.

I wonder what he's dreaming about, she thought curiosity, all thoughts of tiredness pushed into the back of her mind as she watched him fidget, his brows furrowed. Going to take a guess and say it's not a good dream, she frowned.

She reached out with one of her talons and using a single claw, she poked at his face lightly. He didn't react much, so she poked him a little harder.

Python let out a small huff as he turned his head away. That just encouraged her to poke him some more until he tried to swat her talons.

"Wake up." She whispered.

The SandWing dragonet sleeping beside her groaned in response as he turned his head away.

"Wale up Python." She whispered louder as she poked at him some more.

He groaned again before he lifted up his head and looked at her with his tired black eyes.

"What?" He groaned, his voice thick and groggy from being woken up as he rubbed at his eyes, trying to rub out the tiredness from them.

"You were dreaming and mumbling in your sleep."

"Most dragons do." He yawned.

"You sounded like you were having a bad dream." She pointed out with a twitch of her ears.

Python pauses for a few moments before his ears drooped.

"I....did."

"Mom tells me that you feel better after you talk about your bad dreams," Robin started as she rolled onto her back and stuck her legs into the air like a flipped over turtle. "Do you wanna talk about it and see if it makes you feel better?"

Python was silent for a few moments before he stretched out and rolled into his back much like Robin had done. He let a huff as the two let silence overcome them for a few minutes.

"It was about before I was adopted by mom and mommy." He started with a nervous twitch of his wings. "In the dream, they overlooked me and fawned over the other dragonets and ignored me."

"That sounds awful."

"It was."

"Well, you know it was just a dream and dreams aren't real."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm always sure." Robin gave him a look to which his cheeks puffed up as he snorted quietly, which in turn made her smile.

Silence took its claim once more around the two dragonets as sleep started to softly tug at them, trying to lull them back to sleep and let it stale its claim over them for the rest of the night.

Python and Robin both let out a yawn, their eyes growing heavy.

Robin was first to roll back over and curl up, Python following in suit behind her. The two dragonets curled up with one another, resting their heads on each other's shoulders.