Chapter 32

Robin's hope continued to grow with each passing day. Lychee came nearly every night to give her updates about him being transferred to the queens hive, he also told her about what the hives knew so far about her existence.

So far, the hives had caught wind about a unknown dragon within the queen's hive, a dragon who didn't belong on Pantala. Lychee told her that no one really knew what she looked like, all that they knew was that she could breath fire and had scales as orange as the sun coated in soot and ash. A slender dragon with wings nearly twice their size, webbed wings with fingers and joints unlike the stiff ones that SilkWing and HiveWing tribes both share.

In all honesty, she sounded cool, like some mythical being to be worshiped. Robin couldn't help but gloat a little about how cool the hives made her sound.

Robin was sitting quietly within her cell, her tail wrapped around her limbs aside from her broke wrist, which had been healing. It was slow and her arm felt sore from being unable to move for nearly two weeks from how long she'd been within the hive. Win Lychee's help, she'd been able to count the days once more instead of them becoming a blur of time.

She's most likely be able to use it once a month or two had passed, though, only for small tasks. Nothing heavy duty and she wouldn't be able to walk on it until the six month mark, but even then it would feel sore and hurt. Lychee had told her a wrist could take a year or two before all stiffness and soreness disappears, but she was just happy she'd hopefully be able to start using it again.

It's going to feel sore once I start using it, she thought to herself with a huff. But at least I'll be able to use it.

The hybrid dragonet was pulled from her thoughts by a knock on the strange tree-stuff built door within the small room that lead out to the rest of the hive.

The door opened, revealing several soldiers each in glistening golden armour with scarlet red lining and painted markings. The soldier in the front was the one Robin had started to grow used to seeing. It was the female HiveWing with the long golden hoop earring.

Hanging within her talons was a golden chain that sparkled in the sunlight. It instantly caught Robin's eyes.

The HiveWing stepped closer and Robin didn't even try to hide that she didn't like the looks of those golden chains. She let out a warning hiss, her teeth bared, ears pinned back and smoke rising from her flared nostrils.

"Don't worry," the HiveWing soldier came closer, making Robin increase the volume of her snarl, backing herself up as close as she could against the wall. "I'm just going to attach this here..."

Within seconds, there was a click that pulled Robin from her snarling daze. The golden chain was now attached to the bottom side of her golden head harness that kept her snout shut.

"Let's hurry before the Queen starts to grow impatient." Grumbled one of the older soldiers.

"She's got a broken wrist, so we need to move slow. Or else we'll ruin the Queens prized possession."

Prized possession? She thought to herself as she was pulled up onto her talons with a light tug of the golden chain. Robin couldn't do much to fight back Luther than annoying flap her large wings to whack any of the nearby HiveWing soldiers. Though it just merely bothers them rather than caused them any harm because of their armour and she wasn't flapping them all to hard.

The HiveWing soldier with the golden hoop earring was the one holding gently, yet firmly, onto the golden leash like chain attached to her golden metal head harness, pulling her along and out of her small room, leading her down the hall.